The "Thanks" button is gone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, there will be some testing tonight with the new system. If everything goes well, you should be able to thank others right soonly.

Hopefully you're prepared for a little "rebound abuse" of the thanks function short-term when it comes live again; now that you've drawn far more negative attention to it than existed 24hrs ago.

:D

Or Hmmm... maybe there's a "New Coke" sort of guerilla marketing going on here?

new-coke-2.jpg

Hopefully you're prepared for a little "rebound abuse" of the thanks function short-term when it comes live again; now that you've drawn far more negative attention to it than existed 24hrs ago.

:D

Or Hmmm... maybe there's a "New Coke" sort of guerilla marketing going on here?

new-coke-2.jpg
Ya think? maybe we can all behave in the sand box just this once?

Location, Location, Location. I and many others post some really nice dive reports with pictures that give the opportunity for the ones who can't dive at the moment a chance to drool or wish they were diving. We may see 100 to 1500 views and maybe 50 post over the life of the thread. But if you post a non diving related post in a Site forum you get 2750 views and 200 post within 24hrs. I guess we know who dives and and watches Jerry Springer.

Really, does it matter that much over a little thank you button?

Well to that I say, well it will fix the problem for now. If a future group decides to have fun with the Thanks button then have a discussion with them and tell them that they may cause the Thanks button to be removed. It's likely they would stop. If they don't, then the mods can deal with that at the time. It doesn't seem necessary to remove the Thanks button now because of a "what if" in the future.

It also goes back to the posts that several people have made of...so what if someone abuses the thanks button? Why do some people care so much?

I'm not arguing this as a former thanks button abuser who wants it back to use/abuse. I'm arguing this as someone who doesn't think it's fair that thousands of users lost their ability to use the Thanks button because of the actions of myself and a handful of others.

Take my thanks button away for all I care, but I think it should be returned to the majority of users.

OK, we may have found a way to re-integrate a newer version of the hack... it might mean a few changes here and there and it will probably reset everyone's thanks back to zero. Hang with us, as we try to integrate it.

Pete, thanks for reconsidering this. I'm still confused about why the thanking ability needs to be limited to 'serious' threads only, maybe you could explain?

:confused:

You know Pete, it seems pretty appropriate to discuss forum rules publicly...in a forum. No one is decrying injustice, just trying to reasonably put in my $.02. I really hope this doesn't go all hair up and claws out, because it doesn't need to.

Personally I'm just trying to get 1) my annoyance across and 2) a clue about why this change was necessary. For me, it's a large change to how the board feels.

I'd sure like to see a "Thanks" explode ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If seems that if there really WERE a problem with the KOH group, that their offer to suspend the "abuse" should be sufficient.

It seems there is more polarizing caused by this decision than anything solved. This could not have come at a worse possible time.

ScubaBoard.com, and its community, are being "sued to death" if you will, by an entity that seems to have deep pockets. At a time when ScubaBoard needs the support and affection of its enthusiastic users, and is asking those users to delve deep in their pockets again, this apparent unpopular decision could cause people to do what they do best: vote with their pocketbooks!

Pete, it isn't helping that people are asking reasonable questions and not getting answers. This is pretty poor PR all the way around.

Maybe we can look for that Thanks button over here? Lost, Found and Stolen - ScubaBoard :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

You could have avoided this whole thing had you simply posted in the ABC Forum that you had left the THANKS button in a parked truck on Bonaire and when you went for a dive it was stolen.

:cool2:

It happens to be more than an issue of a button, or no button. Much more it is the idea that a few can shut down others whenever they find them irritating.

I enjoy SB, immensely, even the occasional bickering can be tolerated, and often laughed at. I like the freedom to discuss everything from dive gear to politics. I could live without any dam Thanks button, but have enjoyed it as an option, and saw little valid reason for terminating that option, simply because one party found another's use of it irritating!

As usual Pete, you are not worth a response. I will leave your communistic control over the board in your less than capable hands.

LOL. Where's that 'thanks button?' Oh well, I guess a standing ovation is all I can muster. :D

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:rofl3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom