The "Thanks" button is gone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, I thot I had mine taken away... :confused:
How about a "Like" button, to be attributed to only the post and not to the user.
That'd be the same affect, would it not.
I liked the "like" button. Oh well.
We have a thread rating feature, but it's used so little that the score is often set by one or two members - meaningless...

ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 16 15.48.jpg

We have a thread rating feature, but it's used so little that the score is often set by one or two members - meaningless...

Because people don't know about it. Thanks button was easy to spot.

Hell, I thot I had mine taken away... :confused:

That'd be the same affect, would it not.

No . . . It would rate any particular post, but not the user. That way, when a noob like me sees a well-written answer that is BS, I'm sure the "dislikes" and "likes" would tell the overall opinion.

But no one would have a 'score' to parade around, since for some reason that little nigglet annoys the ever-lovin' reason out of some morons around here.

Edit: Okay, for you racist pigs that don't understand English, a "nigglet" is a small niggle:
Main Entry: 2 - niggle
Function: noun
Date: 1886
chiefly British : a trifling doubt, objection, or complaint
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/niggle

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

We appreciate your feedback, please keep the posts and suggestions tasteful. Even though they may seem funny, some can be taken as offensive/rude.

Thanks!
Carolyn:shark2:
SB MOD

It's not just the Thanks button that has been erased. It is the thanks received, the thanks given, and any trace of thanks being given or received on any post. It's as if the word "Thanks" never existed on SB. Isn't that some violation of the prime directive or something. It did exist...right? A little spooky.

It's not just the Thanks button that has been erased. It is the thanks received, the thanks given, and any trace of thanks being given or received on any post. It's as if the word "Thanks" never existed on SB. Isn't that some violation of the prime directive or something. It did exist...right? A little spooky.

A lot of features in forums and other software work like this. If you disable the feature then all traces (at least the user visible ones) are removed.

Anyone think "logged dives is next?.. Don't see the reasoning here at all. Some posts Ya read just deserve a thanks> WTF.....disclaimer = World Trade Federation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom