The "Thanks" button is gone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a "Like" button, to be attributed to only the post and not to the user.

thank-you.jpg

The thanks button was one of the nice things that hooked me to this site. Now it's gone.
I can quote a comment and explicitelly say thank you, but it was a nice and useful way to appreciate a comment or thread.

The staff has reviewed the
post_thanks1.gif
feature and has decided to remove it. We felt that it has contributed to an unhealthy polarization of the community and was susceptible to abuse by a few.

As always, your input and comments were invaluable in reaching this decision. Now it's back to your regularly scheduled thankless program!

Damn - and I think I had the record for the most thanked post on SB.

Shallow Divers: The True Story of Two Americans who Risked Everything to Solve the Mystery of Every "You're Gonna Die!" Cliche on Scubaboard

Wish I had taken a screen shot of the 300+ thanks - including from John and Richie!

The thanks button was one of the nice things that hooked me to this site. Now it's gone.
I can quote a comment and explicitelly say thank you, but it was a nice and useful way to appreciate a comment or thread.

I agree. It is not the same.

I think Jax's idea is a great one as well. NetDoc, please reconsider having a "thanks" or "like" button (or agree, etc.) that does not get tabulated for all to compare. I think such a button allows us to agree with a post without cluttering up a thread (more than it already will be) or posting endless replies of thanks.

It seems that the issue was surrounding the thanked POST COUNTS, rather than the thanks button itself. Wouldn't that work, NetDoc? :kiss2: :kiss2:

I am not sure I understand how the Thanks button can be abused in any way that is important, but this suggestion retains the useful aspects. Oh, Thanks Ayisha

I'm glad its gone ! I would never have equaled or passed RJP or TSandM and it was pissing me off !

Actually, I thought it was a good feature. I also thought it should have had its yang.

A like AND a dislike button would have saved alot of time and thread mess. All you had to do pete was get rid of the "like" numbers on everybodys profile. Just allow people to like and dislike a particular post and their name appears under that post with nothing showing on the persons stats.

I am not sure I understand how the Thanks button can be abused in any way that is important, but this suggestion retains the useful aspects. Oh, Thanks Ayisha

I'm guessing you've never seen Wormil's thanks....:cool2:

I'm glad its gone ! I would never have equaled or passed RJP or TSandM and it was pissing me off !

Actually, I thought it was a good feature. I also thought it should have had its yang.

A like AND a dislike button would have saved alot of time and thread mess. All you had to do pete was get rid of the "like" numbers on everybodys profile. Just allow people to like and dislike a particular post and their name appears under that post with nothing showing on the persons stats.

I think people are too immature for a dislike button. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom