The "Thanks" button is gone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it's back to your regularly scheduled thankless program!
I just worked through a substantial new thread and found it easier to follow the discussion. I hadn't realized how much attention I was giving to assessing the interspersed "thanks" bars, and how they altered the experience of reading the posts.

I'd say that's a plus.

-Bryan

How about a delete button

Any diver can thumb any post at any time

I do not know about any diver/ any post. But I would like to be able to remove a post I have written if I wanted to.

I will miss the "Thanks" Button. I felt like I was actually helpful when I was thanked. I want to be able to agree with someone without having to post "+1."

125726338354.jpg

chess.jpg

greetingcard_grassy_butt_ty015.jpg

[moo-chess-grassya$$)

"Thanks" :rofl3: That was awesome.

Meh. I don't think it is a big deal if the thanks button is here or not.

Also I think the people who are like 'oh noez how will the new people know what is good info or not?' really aren't giving people enough credit to be able to determine good info from bad.

The staff has reviewed the
post_thanks1.gif
feature and has decided to remove it. We felt that it has contributed to an unhealthy polarization of the community and was susceptible to abuse by a few.

As always, your input and comments were invaluable in reaching this decision. Now it's back to your regularly scheduled thankless program!

Sorry to see it go. I have a sort of mental scoreboard I use on forums that use thanks. If I'm posting without being thanked, (outside the posts which are clearly intended to be farsical) then I'm not really contributing anything useful and should likely shut up and rethink what I am saying and how I am saying it.

I'll miss it ... feel good in that I actually contributed something that others thanked my post , and can see (sometimes by an overwhelming number) who's posts are well thought of by many

Jax's idea of thanking posts but not having your name tied to it or show up in your profile info is a good one

I'll miss it. I was using it as bookmarks. I would thank the posts I thought would be useful in the future and I could easily go find them.

On the other hand, now I can imagine that I am being thanked all the time.

DAMN! I was collecting them and going to turn them in for something. Remember Green Stamps?

Also, I will surely miss giving someone a THANKS after they have given me a hard time.:mooner::mooner::mooner:

The staff has reviewed the
post_thanks1.gif
feature and has decided to remove it. We felt that it has contributed to an unhealthy polarization of the community and was susceptible to abuse by a few.

As always, your input and comments were invaluable in reaching this decision. Now it's back to your regularly scheduled thankless program!

:shakehead: Why is it that a few people abuse something and the community has to suffer. What ever happened to punishing the guilty party? Maybe they can remove the smiley faces next. :shakehead:

I think Jax's idea is a great one as well. NetDoc, please reconsider having a "thanks" or "like" button (or agree, etc.) that does not get tabulated for all to compare. I think such a button allows us to agree with a post without cluttering up a thread (more than it already will be) or posting endless replies of thanks.

It seems that the issue was surrounding the thanked POST COUNTS, rather than the thanks button itself. Wouldn't that work, NetDoc? :kiss2: :kiss2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom