The Swine Flu thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting approach. I do kinda wonder if such should come from the Mayor of San Miguel rather than a service provider, and I wonder if "where there are none" is reaching a bit, as it's by definition significantly more than "no reported or confirmed cases" - but it might work. Your supporters might also copy & paste it to emails to their U.S.Representatives with follow-up phone calls to their offices mentioning the Subj line as I suspect the CDC would listen to them more. You're not asking the CDC to sound all clear for Mexico City tho, just Isla de Cozumel. :hmmm: I wonder if the CDC has ever changed policy upon request...?

That is a horribly bad precedent. The CDC should not be making medical decisions on the basis of economic concerns or pressure from congress.

That is a horribly bad precedent. The CDC should not be making medical decisions on the basis of economic concerns or pressure from congress.
Of course they shouldn't. It does seem that Mexico has been able to keep this outbreak from reaching Coz tho, and it does seem inaccurate to paint the entire nation with a broad, red brush.

:lol:​
He gave someone instructions earlier on how to Ignore his posts. I think it was easy... :D

I'm sure I'm on some Ignore lists.

I tried putting him on my ignore list. It doesn't work with him because he's a moderator or something.

I tried putting him on my ignore list. It doesn't work with him because he's a moderator or something.
Sure enough....
lamont.jpg

... Oh you cruel and heartless life! :wink:

Interestingly, I though if I tried it again I could sneak one past the server, similar to when a link doesn't work and you think clicking it 50 times will automagically make it work. Unfortunately, it didn't work but I did get a different message:

lamont2.jpg

:D

Because of the cry wolf people like Lamont the world is being staged for a disaster. The people of the world will not listen to the authorities or those that think they know it all because of this assinine worry created by them. As we now know this virus was way overblown. O my an I sounding like an authority.

Interestingly, I though if I tried it again I could sneak one past the server, similar to when a link doesn't work and you think clicking it 50 times will automagically make it work. Unfortunately, it didn't work but I did get a different message:

lamont2.jpg

:D

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Because of the cry wolf people like Lamont the world is being staged for a disaster. The people of the world will not listen to the authorities or those that think they know it all because of this assinine worry created by them. As we now know this virus was way overblown. O my an I sounding like an authority.

By the time Pilot Fish figured out that this was all going on, I was posting that I didn't see any reason to change my plans for next month to go cave diving in MX.

So, yes, I'm clearly crying wolf and spreading panic.

(The rest of this thread is hilarious though -- but if you can't see the difference between my spews on genetics and PF, you may need some help...)

by the time pilot fish figured out that this was all going on, i was posting that i didn't see any reason to change my plans for next month to go cave diving in mx.

So, yes, i'm clearly crying wolf and spreading panic.

(the rest of this thread is hilarious though -- but if you can't see the difference between my spews on genetics and pf, you may need some help...)

yawn ....... Scratch ................... Fart!

Back
Top Bottom