The Swine Flu thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Lamont. Some people add info; some just spoil the viz...
Well the CDC need to quarantine and restrict all travel around Lamont! It's possible those pod people caught it from you!

You can never bee too carefull!

Sorry man, it was too easy! :D

With the revelation that this thing has been around since last fall, it makes me wonder seriously about one thing. My household was struck by a really nasty flu in February, just a few days after flying back from Grand Cayman. I wonder if it's possible we were exposed to it on our flight or during all the fun time at the airport and in customs?

Hell, I might have alrerady beaten the damn thing and not even know it. It would be really cool to find out we already have the antibodies to fight it off if we get exposed again. I know it's too late to find out now since neither of us went to the doctor.

All the symptoms were right. I had at worst a 102.6 fever, serious head congestion, chills and general body aches. It took us over two weeks to shake it.....

It was around Mexico and perhaps border US States since Fall. Doubt it was in the Caymans. Seasonal flu can be bad too.
I think that chart you posted that showed no available fares are on days that they aren't flying still - so I agree with you there - no doubt! Regardless, I've still been seeing some great fares and June/July are looking like they won't be so bad either :)
I only checked one airline, one week, one route - but they don't fly there on Tuesdays as noted. Some of the flights are simply sold out I think. Either way, they're getting back toward 3/4 full so they might decide they can add flights back on soon.

Thanks Lamont. Some people add info; some just spoil the viz...
Well Don, with all the fear and panack talk going on about how you can't be too carefull and all the guilt by association as I see it, I see no problem with pointing out yet one more case of association. It's not much more far fetched than saying Cozumel is dangerous without any proof what's so ever.

Oh, and since when is a little sarcastic humor not allowed on here? :D

<<-----<<< Also often sarcastic.

Well the CDC need to quarantine and restrict all travel around Lamont! It's possible those pod people caught it from you!

You can never bee too carefull!

Sorry man, it was too easy! :D

I agree.

At this point I should cancel my trip to MX so I don't bring it down there with me...

Hell, I might have alrerady beaten the damn thing and not even know it. It would be really cool to find out we already have the antibodies to fight it off if we get exposed again.

I'm betting there will be a mutation when this goes around the next time. I saw something Friday from CDC (I think) noting that some people are organizing "swine flu parties" of all things pretty sure this will win a Darwin Award). The notion is that you (and many others) get exposed to the virus and develop future immunity. What could possibly go wrong with this plan??

The paper was recommending against these for a number of reasons...

With the revelation that this thing has been around since last fall, it makes me wonder seriously about one thing. My household was struck by a really nasty flu in February, just a few days after flying back from Grand Cayman. I wonder if it's possible we were exposed to it on our flight or during all the fun time at the airport and in customs?

Hell, I might have alrerady beaten the damn thing and not even know it. It would be really cool to find out we already have the antibodies to fight it off if we get exposed again. I know it's too late to find out now since neither of us went to the doctor.

All the symptoms were right. I had at worst a 102.6 fever, serious head congestion, chills and general body aches. It took us over two weeks to shake it.....

We had some kind of Martian Death Flu going around work about a month ago. Wasn't the swine flu, but half the people at work got it.

We had some kind of Martian Death Flu going around work about a month ago. Wasn't the swine flu, but half the people at work got it.

Whatever we had was one mean bug. It was the worst I'd had in many years and my better half had never had a bad case of the flu in her life until then. We wondered if it was some exotic thing we caught on the plane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom