The Swine Flu thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has the airline extended their boycott, or was it the country?
Well JUST GREAT... Air Canada has cancelled my flight to Cozumel. Now I have to hunt around for something else.
Flying out of Saskatoon, Delta and Northwest offer flights, to Cancun anyway. Oddly, Sidestep & Orbitz price it cheaper as "multiple airlines" using those two carriers even tho they are now the same company.

Will AC "accommodate" your ticket on them without a fare change? Requesting that word in particular seems to have some special meaning to them.

good luck! :pilot:

Check out a video put together a couple of days ago (May 11th) about Puerto Vallata in general .

YouTube - Swine Flu in Mexico

Some of the shots are not recent and are very possibly stock footage but the interviews are up to date (except for the info on the zero cases of H1N1)

It will help everyone to make up their own mind about the situation.

At this time there are already some Flu cases in the state of Jalisco (where Vallarta is located) and Nayarit (just across the Ameca river) and there might be a couple in Vallarta but children are going back to school on Monday after 2 weeks of mandatory vacation.

Those of us living or visiting in Mexico are taking basic WHO and Secretaria de Salud precautions, but life (and of course diving !!) goes on.

We will be working on an UW mapping project at Los Arcos, Pto Vallarta in the coming days regardless , no doubt about that !

One of the diving precautions we do take is only using our own regs and/or properly desinfecting them before diving . We do not conduct real s-drills before dives, we just make sure long hoses are free in case they are needed. Of course if a long hose is needed during a dive it is better not to drown than having to take treatment for H1N1 in case of infection.

Maybe it will be a good idea to have someone in Cozumel make a similar video with divers visiting the island from abroad and mentioning how they feel about it .

Happy diving !

Has the airline extended their boycott, or was it the country?

Flying out of Saskatoon, Delta and Northwest offer flights, to Cancun anyway. Oddly, Sidestep & Orbitz price it cheaper as "multiple airlines" using those two carriers even tho they are now the same company.

Will AC "accommodate" your ticket on them without a fare change? Requesting that word in particular seems to have some special meaning to them.

good luck! :pilot:

It's just Cozumel they cancelled (not enough travellers they said). They are still flying to Cancun but they told me there was no availability on the flights in spite of he fact I said my dates were very flexible. And they were particularly unaccommodating as I pursued other options. I can get a decent fare on US Airways out of Toronto but it costs more to get to Toronto! So will see. I booked this trip befor I smashed up my arm so this may be a sign from God that I need to stay here and continue my physiotherapy. We'll see.

Oh hell, with your arm - if you have trip insurance - you might get a full refund and full airline credit both, depending on how the policies work there. Mine works that way. It's not fraud, but a matter of the insurance company insuring that trip, even if you can use credits later.

Lonnnnng ways from Saskatoon to Toronto...!

I never buy trip insurance.
Ok, you self insure. Cool, pay yourself.

Does your medical coverage cover you down there?

Does your medical coverage cover you down there?

Not our national insurance plan - it's only good in Canada unless the health system sends you out of the country for medical care. I have supplemental health insurance for when I travel. It covered my hospital visit in Mexico and likely the surgery had I stayed. It won't cover the physio.

Travel Health Precaution
CDC Travel Health Warning for Novel H1N1 Flu in Mexico Removed
This information is current as of today, May 15, 2009 at 16:56 EDT
Updated: May 15, 2009

CDCÃÔ Travel Health Warning recommending against non-essential travel to Mexico, in effect since April 27, 2009, has now been downgraded to a Travel Health Precaution for Mexico.

CDC Travel Health Warning for Mexico Removed

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Travel Health Precaution
CDC Travel Health Warning for Novel H1N1 Flu in Mexico Removed
This information is current as of today, May 15, 2009 at 16:56 EDT
Updated: May 15, 2009

CDCÃÔ Travel Health Warning recommending against non-essential travel to Mexico, in effect since April 27, 2009, has now been downgraded to a Travel Health Precaution for Mexico.

CDC Travel Health Warning for Mexico Removed

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great!!!!

travel health precaution
cdc travel health warning for novel h1n1 flu in mexico removed
this information is current as of today, may 15, 2009 at 16:56 edt
updated: May 15, 2009

cdcãô travel health warning recommending against non-essential travel to mexico, in effect since april 27, 2009, has now been downgraded to a travel health precaution for mexico.

cdc travel health warning for mexico removed

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

mil gracias antonio, y por la votacion que bueno que haya gente como tu
gracias otra vez.....:d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom