The Swine Flu thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm off to the airport to fly back to the US. It has been a GREAT week in Cozumel. Absolutely no worries whatsoever about being here in regard to the flu. I have no worries whatsoever getting on the plane with other island visitors that have been here and out of harm's way for likely the past week too. Once in Houston, I'll wash my my hands often and be aware of who I'm sitting by, but odds are they will not be Mexicans or people that have recently visited Mexico, just flying stiffs like me flying from Texas to California.

Honestly, I'll do nothing different than I normally do in crowded places.

Goodbye Coz, hope to see you again soon.

Wow, how lame...!

But then I skip any post with all caps or huge fonts, like most people do.

I see where a specie crossover has occurred again, with an Alberta, Canada man returning from Mexico and infecting his pigs.

Put this in your Sig if you do know someone who has had swine flu...

Stop.jpg

Wow, how lame...!

But then I skip any post with all caps or huge fonts, like most people do.

I see where a specie crossover has occurred again, with an Alberta, Canada man returning from Mexico and infecting his pigs.

Put this in your Sig if you do know someone who has had swine flu...

Don
I have always loved your posts and found them to be informative and amusing. When you stopped posting on this forum you were missed! Your swine flu posts have defiantly put you way over the top. You are like a man possessed with information on swine flu. Some of it may very well be correct but your posts are so inflammatory, argumentative long and boring. I imagine many readers are now doubting your credibility. Don, go back to the man we all know and love, tell us about bringing your coffeepot, arguing with taxi drivers about their fares and your love of diving in Cozumel. We all miss you.

That's fine DF. Some of the "everything is fine" posts have been insulting, and - if we cannot have a free exchange of ideas, opinions, and facts, we may as well tell Pete to shut down the forums.

Cozumel has its own site. Maybe we don't even need then one if only opinions approved by locals are allowed here...?

No Don, it isn't that only opinions approved by locals are welcome here...but we have the right to speak our opinions and state information as we know them just as you do. My point to you was that in one breath you say you're not giving advice one way or another, and in the next you're calling people foolish for their decisions to go through with planned trips.

As MANY have said in this thread - INCLUDING me...it's up to each individual to make their own decisions. It's up to each individual to weigh the risks they are willing to take as with ANYTHING. I also said in another thread, which I stand by - if one is going to cancel a trip to Cozumel for fear of contracting this flu virus, then by the same logic they should cancel ALL travel plans until the risk is gone. It is TRAVELING that puts one at more risk - NOT Cozumel as a destination! However, even according to the WHO, once again:

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

Please stop cherry picking and taking things said out of context - Pilotfish is a pro at that!

Everyone has opinions on this and everyone is entitled to their opinions. There are plenty that share your opinions Don and Pilot - and I am not alone in my opinion either.

And BTW...MANY of the people participating in this thread who are not in the sky is falling camp are not locals - so you can stop that claim.

Don
I have always loved your posts and found them to be informative and amusing. When you stopped posting on this forum you were missed! Your swine flu posts have defiantly put you way over the top. You are like a man possessed with information on swine flu. Some of it may very well be correct but your posts are so inflammatory, argumentative long and boring. I imagine many readers are now doubting your credibility. Don, go back to the man we all know and love, tell us about bringing your coffeepot, arguing with taxi drivers about their fares and your love of diving in Cozumel. We all miss you.
Aw thanks! Didn't bring my pop last time and missed it. Do you know if Mega has cheap, 12 cup coffee makers? I am getting better with taxi drivers. :D

pig-in-mask--600-x-451--2795-20090429-371.jpg
LaMont thinks this thing is winding down. It's really hard to tell as WHO is still at phase 5, optimistic but cautious I think they say. Hope it does, and we're ready for the next wave.

Travel Health Warning
Travel Warning: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico Avoid Nonessential Travel to Mexico
This information is current as of today, May 03, 2009 at 11:39 EDT
Updated: April 30, 2009

You probably missed that part, huh? That must make you feel, well, sucky, huh?

Pilot Fish, Divepro is right....again. I read this very WHO update last night and would have thought you would have seen it too. But I guess it doesn't really support your position so you quoted old information from the CDC (April 30). Man, that has to suck for you.

3 May 2009 -- As of 0600 GMT
WHO | Influenza A(H1N1) - update 11

NOW, I WISH YOU WELL, I DO NOT THINK YOU MEAN ANY HARM, ON THE OTHER HAND I THINK YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP IN YOUR OWN SPECIAL WAY, GO BACK AND READ YOUR POSTS SAYING THAT YOU BASE INFO ON WHO AND WHO SAYS NO RESTRICTION TO TRAVEL......ANYWAY HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY AND DON'T GO OUT, REGULAR FLU, DIAHRREA, ALCOHOL RELATED DEATHS, MOSQUITOES, WARS, AND NOW LACK OF INFO ARE KILLING PEOPLE DAYLY AND MORE THAN THIS VIRUS.....STOP ADDRESSING ME PLEASE WE ARE DONE, I WISH YOU WELL

I wish you well, as well. I'll take youor advice and not go out, at least for this evening :) Thanks.

Travel Health Warning
Travel Warning: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico Avoid Nonessential Travel to Mexico
This information is current as of today, May 03, 2009 at 11:39 EDT
Updated: April 30, 2009

You probably missed that part, huh? That must make you feel, well, sucky, huh?
PF, the WHO is not advising that, and I think he admitted that the CDC is.

Don, go back to the man we all know and love, tell us about bringing your coffeepot, arguing with taxi drivers about their fares and your love of diving in Cozumel. We all miss you.

Translation = keep your opinions, and facts, to yourself when they differ from theirs:D

Back
Top Bottom