THE "PERFECT ( being horizontal ) TRIM" HOAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

OK, folks, let's remember what the topic of this thread is - 'THE "PERFECT ( being horizontal ) TRIM" HOAX - and that it is a thread in Basic Scuba, and keep the comments appropriately focused. :)

Trim evolution.

upload_2021-1-19_8-38-46.jpeg

That's another thing properly trained swimmers (should) know: it's a herniated disc in the neck in the making.

I was having a discussion with an instructor I did a course with. He has done some of GUE courses and wants to become a GUE instructor for the dive business he is taking management over soon. He wants to add GUE and other technical courses not taught under previous management to the dive center.

We discussed if I should do GUE myself. Interesting idea and when I asked him what benefit I would get from it he said really only useful for me if I wanted to go cave diving. Not really interested in that type of diving or moving to CCR systems either. He likes the extra things he has learned for technical diving. At 60 I'm not going to be doing too many more courses, TDI advanced nitrox and deco and solo course will be the last courses I probably take. As not diving a lot right now I will probably want to do 30 dives in 8 - 10 days back to back to refresh my skills after not diving so often before I take any courses.

I was having a discussion with an instructor I did a course with. He has done some of GUE courses and wants to become a GUE instructor for the dive business he is taking management over soon. He wants to add GUE and other technical courses not taught under previous management to the dive center.

We discussed if I should do GUE myself. Interesting idea and when I asked him what benefit I would get from it he said really only useful for me if I wanted to go cave diving. Not really interested in that type of diving or moving to CCR systems either. He likes the extra things he has learned for technical diving. At 60 I'm not going to be doing too many more courses, TDI advanced nitrox and deco and solo course will be the last courses I probably take. As not diving a lot right now I will probably want to do 30 dives in 8 - 10 days back to back to refresh my skills after not diving so often before I take any courses.

You are looking for a solo diving course on a different thread. GUE is focused on team diving so it is a different mindset.
Nevertheless, GUE is not just for cave divers. I am a recreational diver and fundamentals improved my skills a lot.

That's another thing properly trained swimmers (should) know: it's a herniated disc in the neck in the making.
Can you elaborate?
Just being curious here.

You are looking for a solo diving course on a different thread. GUE is focused on team diving so it is a different mindset. Nevertheless, GUE is not just for cave divers. I am a recreational diver and fundamentals improved my skills a lot.

I'm happy enough with my skills :) The instructor I dive with knows my skills and what I want to do.
I've looked at the GUE courses there is nothing there that I want to do.

Back
Top Bottom