The new MiFlex Braided hoses - Not so much...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought 3 sets of these from Phil and I used my set all through my recent prepping for IDC, then during my IDC and then all through my recent IE. (probably total of ~24 dives with them this spring).

One set was purchased as a gift for my previous Instructor/Mentor/Buddy and friend! He took them on a recent trip to Curacao and he too loved the way they pack! And he also told me how everyone else who saw them on that trip coveted them!

I am very much pleased! They are not inexpensive, and you can proably purchase traditional hoses 2 or three times for the cost of a set but . . . .I strongly recommend them is you are of the mind to try something new! They have a tremendous wow factor and they do they do pack very nicely!

I do not however scooter or use a long hose. I do use a necklace 2nd stage.

I used a Miflex long hose on a singles setup for a full day of diving, and 6 hours in the pool the day after. Very light, very flexible, very slick. I had no issues with keeping the 7-footer stowed, though I do not use a scooter.

I did notice that the rougher surface of the hose was a bit of an irritation to the skin on the back of my neck after a day in the pool. Also, I wish they had a shorter BC hose (shortest now is 18") and a HP hose...

Seems like a good product so far.

Last edited:
My new reg came with one. I like it. Lightweight and more flexible works for me.

Don't use a long hose, so can't comment on that.

I have a 36" MiFlex on an octo, and 22" on the inflator. Still have a standard swivel hose on the primary B2.

The octo now has less 'jaw push' than the Atomic with the swivel. I couldn't be more pleased with the MiFlex. I'll be ultimately replacing all my LP hoses on both rigs, with MiFlex.

Check out that glowing neon yellow:

2552053003_d252b94966.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3184/2552053003_d252b94966.jpg?v=0

Hey Jagfish:
We have a new size coming with our next shipment, early in July. MQD14-BK is a Miflex Quick-Disconnect BC Hose with an overall length of 14 inches, black in color.
Perfect! I'll be standing by....

I have now replaced all the hoses on my 3 primary regs with Miflex. I find them very comfortable since there is no tendency for the hose to twist the reg out of your mouth. I will be travelling to Indonesia in a few weeks and it will certainly reduce the weight compared with rubber hoses.

A HP hose would be good but I figure it could never be as flexible as the LP hoses due to the fact that the HP air in the hose will stiffen it quite a bit when the air is turned on. Also I guess whatever it is made of will have to be quite thick to withstand the pressure.

(I would just like someone to make a hose retainer clip that worked with the Miflex hoses. The smaller diameter of the hoses and the smoother surface means that they just slip straight through the clips. I want a clip with a small diameter and lined with rubber or similar substance that will provide some friction.)

Just curious -- two hose protectors on the Primary?
Actually, no.

One hose protector, and one strap my LDS likes to zip-tie that shows the date/type of that particular reg's last servicing (not to mention a bit of advertising for the LDS' name).

Back
Top Bottom