The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right? Im trying to find user reviews and videos about this product but there is dearth of information. It must be a great product, but the lac of info may be as telling as bad information. I Know that this item is expensive and may hinder some users from buying and then reviewing it. However, large companies or sponsor supported channels should have the funds to be able to do it. makes me partly hesitant to purchase

Right? Im trying to find user reviews and videos about this product but there is dearth of information. It must be a great product, but the lac of info may be as telling as bad information. I Know that this item is expensive and may hinder some users from buying and then reviewing it. However, large companies or sponsor supported channels should have the funds to be able to do it. makes me partly hesitant to purchase

Owners of this regulator are too busy diving their brains out with the reg.to have time to write anything 🤠

At that price I think most of them have been buried with guard dogs on constant patrol. :wink:

I think the way the internet works is that any problems of a product are often magnified and exaggerated in online forums, so the lack of information may not be a bad thing at all.

All I need to know is that it was designed by the same two engineers that made the G250, D400, G500, and Atomic regs (Dean Garraffa and Doug Toth). And that it has passed rsinglers scrutiny.

Atomic has set a high bar for quality in regs, so I am not worried. The real question about buying the TFX is that the improved breathing characteristics are a subtle thing and to some people not worth the price. The best analogy I can come up with is that driving enthusiasts swear by rear wheel drive cars, while many drivers may not care for that. That's why I think that Atomic's marketing to "connoisseurs" is accurate. I am waiting for the 2nd stage to become available.

It is VERY expensive AND it has been in very short supply.

If your issue is simply that the number of reviews is too small, that may never change.

If your issue is finding one good quality review, I would think maybe @rsingler's podcast (or whatever you call it) going over the TFX in detail would be sufficient information. Plus the various informal reviews posted here by actual owners (like myself) - which I think are ALL very positive.

Mine makes me WANT to book some trips where I'm limited to recreational single tank dives, just so I have an excuse to use it more. So far this year, all my trips have been technical, so no single tank diving. But, I've got a recreational liveaboard trip going in March!! My TFX will be starring in that show!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom