The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just spoke with Technical Support at Huish. Looks like the stock issue with the TFX should be at an end in the next few weeks. They've been fine tuning a bit more.

The seat for the TFX is no longer reversible. Sad as that might be for folks that wanted to flip the seat and get four years out of a kit, it turns out that a few ham-fisted technicians were over-tightening the nut when rebuilding the poppet, and having squishy seat material on both sides of the seat meant that it wasn't staying flat. Now it's one-sided with a hard spool in the middle that will resist compression. But the seat material is magnificent.

They've changed the exhaust valve to a slightly stiffer specification, so that should resolve the issue I noticed in Anilao two weeks ago. At least the Chief Trainer says that is the cure for 95% of the wet breathing complaints.

I spent a lot of time on my head in Anilao, trying to get level with a critter in a crack, and it was a little wet, even after increasing the cracking effort to specification. Since the exhaust valve is vertical when inverted, a few drops get into the case as the soft silicone flutters during exhalation. A slightly stiffer valve should fix that. Other than that, I'm still loving this reg.

Service kits should be released in the next few weeks. Despite getting bashed about on the panga for two more weeks, she's still looking great, and the soft parts are holding up fine.
When she's wet, she looks perfect (no - don't go there :rofl3:).
IMG_20241021_151501.jpg

DSC04275.jpg

DSC03414.jpg

DSC05096.jpg

My new exhaust valve just arrived!
It's just a very tiny bit stiffer than the previous one. Refitting it took all of 3 minutes...
20241026_181052.jpg

20241026_181259.jpg

Hopefully I can dive drier when inverted now!

TFX owners are too busy diving and enjoying themselves, they don't have the time to worry about the color of the exhaust diaphragm.
Or after spending so much they are busy standing in a soup line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom