the life aquatic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite Wes Anderson movie with Rushmore a close second. Bill Murray's deadpan humor is genius in both movies. And yes, the acoustic Bowie is awesome. Should be mandatory viewing for all open water students.

Ned Plimpton: I'm gonna fight you, Steve.
[Steve hits Ned in the face]
Steve Zissou: You never say, "I'm gonna fight you, Steve." You just smile and act natural, and then you sucker-punch him.
Ned Plimpton: You fight your way, and I'll fight mine.
Steve Zissou: Oh, listen, Ned. Don't you try to...
[Ned hits Steve in the face]
Steve Zissou: I think your Team Zissou ring might've caught me on the lip.

That's Steve coming ashore in the Ping islands. . .

Al Mialkovsky:
Out of context there are some great lines from that movie but I just think it sucked as bad as any movie is capable of sucking.

Bump...Al got it right...:D

I made the mistake of attempting to see it on DirectTV after I saw it in the theater...I thought maybe I missed something...fortunately the washing machine had to have its clutch replaced so I was able to avoid the last 3/4ths of the torture...:D

Can anyone say Heaven's Gate or Ishtar???

Al Mialkovsky:
I just think it sucked as bad as any movie is capable of sucking.

How dare you... Just for that...

Steve Zissou: Where'd you come from? You look pregnant.
Al Mialkovsky: I am pregnant. I'm not even going to ask what you men are doing out here in your matching pajamas, by the way.

Yeah, you either love it or hate it.

I went to see the movie with my whole family. My dad and I loved it. My mom and brother hated it.

Thats it...
Steve Zissou: [to Al Mialkovsky and PaulChristenson] What are you doing? Go to bed, you sons of bltches!

fishb0y:
How dare you... Just for that...

Steve Zissou: Where'd you come from? You look pregnant.
Al Mialkovsky: I am pregnant. I'm not even going to ask what you men are doing out here in your matching pajamas, by the way.
:lol:

Bill Ubell: No, Captain! That's xiSkiGuy. He's a friend.
Steve Zissou: Merci, xiSkiGuy. Remind me, we'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I tell ya... I love this movie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom