the life aquatic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MidAtlantic:
I could not decide so I watched it again. Still was not sure so watched it yet again. ...... Now I have seen it about 9 times and I still can not bring myself to recomend it to anyone, but at the same time I can not stop watching it. I think now I will have to watch it tonight. :D

This sort of thing happened to me a long time ago with Pink Floyd The Wall. That went on for over a year. :bonk:

Maybe you need badhatharry to diagnose YOU!

theskull

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
there's about 50 supporting factors in the movie to link Zissou to post traumatic stress disorder and manic depression.

I don't buy it at all. He's just eccentric.

And it's "Bipolar Disorder" (of various types), not "manic depression."

TropicalDiver:
If you liked Best in Show, you'd probably like Life Aquatic.

I LOVED Best in Show, but my parents absolutely HATED it. They watched it with me and failed to see even the slightest nuances of humour in it. Of course, they're major show dog breeders whose dog won Best in Breed at Westminster this year and they and their friends are exactly like the characters in the movie...

Hmmm... Life Aquatic, I thought it was an OK movie...

Just kidding, but Scuba Movie ever (well, not counting Jessica Abba)!!!

what about his failing career, failing marriage, his inability to engage in a loving relationship with ned, coupled with the traumatic experience of watching his friend get eaten by a shark? Texbook.

sorry, i meant "major" not "manic".

I loved the movie: The subtle humor, the fun pokes at Cousteau and company, the choice to "manufacture" underwater creatures and diving concepts.

"He's got Hydrogen Psychosis: the Crazy Eye!"

Out of context there are some great lines from that movie but I just think it sucked as bad as any movie is capable of sucking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom