The Lake Lanier Looney Bird Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaPT:
Clif
Are you still going out on Sunday morning, if so I will meet you there.

Hi Allen
YES, I will be @ WEST BANK PARK @ the sandy cove-
see you around 10:30a.m.
Clif

Sorry, guys, won't make it tomorrow.
Went up to Holiday Marina this afternoon to do a survey on the mooring buoys.
The wetsuit and water were fine, but I damned near froze my butt off when I got out.
The wind coming across the water cut through me like a knife.

But, by golly !!!! I sure as heck like my E8-119's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scubaPT:
Divers Supply is just across Northcrest on the access road next to Carithers Wallace Courtenay office supplies, if you get to Pleasantdale you missed it.

It looks like you have to go through the Northcrest light too. I think you can get in the parking lot from the Pleasantdale ramp that goes under Northcrest, but the actual building is just as the roads join up again. I went that way and missed it the first time, but saw it last night.

If you have your own tanks, they give a really good fill over there.

Dive Report Sunday 2/27
Clif and I met up at about 1030 this morning at West Bank.
Air temp was about 43 degrees
Water temp 48 degrees.
Dive time 37 minutes
Visability 10-15' at bottom, even less above that
Max depth for me was 43' but I think Clif went a bit deeper
We dove the back site today running a line from the platform. We spaced markers about every 25 feet and numbered them with a grease pencil. Of course the wrappper on the grease pencil, being made of paper, was non existent by the end of the dive. The water temps were not bad as we were staying fairly warm from the exertion of swimming the markers out. It had started drizzling by the time we finished, so getting undressed and drying off was a tad cold. The wind was pretty fierce today so that did not help. I probably set some type record getting the wetsuit off, drying off and then getting clothes on. The rest of you Looney birds missed out on a prime diving day. I'll see you guys at the jetties on March.

Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom