"LEGAL" Looney Birds ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, ya just have to do a valid dive. 20 feet for 20 minutes.

Yoda, you can even bring your old brass hard hat and lead boots if ya want to!!! :D

But you'll have to bring your own personnel to man the pump!

the K

I don't have a drysuit so I'd have to be all wet (as usual :D). I'll have to wait and see what work schedule and local dive club is up to, but you guys are on the list of New Year's possibilities. I just bought a light hooded vest to add to my neoprene armor - the more the merrier!

Don't forget to bring something to cook up !!!
We can't dive without eating, ya know !!!

the K

Yea around here the eating is more important than the dive!

Jeremy

BTW, anyone headed to dive Sat? I thought about driving to WBP and do a shallow early AM dive say at 8:30am or so.

I might go up to WBP on Sunday morning. I need to work on weighting with my new BC and dry suit combination. I am still a bit heavy at 20 pounds so I want to cut it back to 18 or less.

Mike

mikerault:
I might go up to WBP on Sunday morning. I need to work on weighting with my new BC and dry suit combination. I am still a bit heavy at 20 pounds so I want to cut it back to 18 or less.

Mike

I cannot go play on Sunday. Sorry.

Just as a referece, Here is my setup. Stainless Backplate with STA, LP95's or HP119's (steel tanks) and my drysuit with my thickest undies...(2) 4 pound weights on each side.

You should be able to drop a few more pounds.

Jeremy

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

Organized dive club

the K

One question I always ask when presented with any suggestion of change is:

What are the benefits of becoming an "Official" dive club? I mean, Why change what we are doing currently? Will it enhance our diving in any way, will it cause the sport to grow locally? Will someone be burdened with the task of organization? etc.

Just some questions. I'm not negative on this at all. I just think that these are some questions that we should ask ourselves.

Jeremy

One thing that has come up in other circles has been the argument from some of them that being an "official" club would make them more/less liable, should someone want to sue. (I've heard it argued both ways.)

The usual reason I hear for becoming "official" is to have a tenable position from which to negotiate with park managers and other officials, but I don't know whether that would be relevant to Looney Birds.

Hey guys, sorry I've been away so long, I've been out of town dealing with a death in the family.

As for the club, I would like to see us get a cool logo designed and get some stickers and T shirts made up. If everyone else likes the idea, we would need to get all the lonnie bird members to pitch in on the cost. Also it does have some benifits at the local dive shops. I was at lanier scuba shop and the owner told me that he would give us a discount on air fills if we come over to the shop and sign up our club. Im new to the "official" club term, so im not sure how this will work either, but I would like to have it to where we all try and get together and dive atleast once a month together as a club, and it doesn't always half to be at lanier. Im up for any comments on how you guys feel about this, and would like any input on how to maybe organise an "official" club.

Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom