"LEGAL" Looney Birds ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think to be a "certified" (one can infer many different meanings for that word in our case) Looney Bird, one MUST make a New Year's Day dive.

Until such dive is made, the member would be a "provisional" member.

I think we would be a most ungracious group, indeed, if we didn't welcome, nay, encourage the membership and fellowship of new members to our group.

One thing I'm coming to enjoy greatly is the participation of the non-diving spouses at our monthly "Dine-n-Dives". It adds a great family involvement to the club and, in my opinion, helps the non-diving spouses understand our passion and camraderie.
the K

There could also be non-diving, albeit "support" members...

Mike

Would you settle for Chinese New Year? I should be in Japan visiting my significant buddy this New Year's, and I hate be "provisional". :wink:

ClayJar:
Would you settle for Chinese New Year? I should be in Japan visiting my significant buddy this New Year's, and I hate be "provisional". :wink:
For those that cannot make it on Jan. 1, that could work. The Chinese New Year lasts 15 days each January. That would be a wide enough window to get a dive in for most folks.

Has to be New Year's Day American style . . .
Sorry, no substitutes.

the K

I agree on the NYD dive as required for full membership.
Looking forward to 1/1/07 dive!

It's funny, I'm surprised at the number of Lake Lanier Looney Birds that have moved from wet to dry after diving a season or two up at the lake.

Jeremy

The Kraken:
Has to be New Year's Day American style . . .
Sorry, no substitutes.

the K
I tried to help you out, ClayJar, but it looks like you'll have to be provisional. But that's nothing compared to being with a special someone, right? :)

Now, back to developing that insulated warm air tank...

I propose that one more type be added. You can be a "certified" Looney Bird by diving the New Year's dive, or you can stay a "provisional" Looney Bird, *or* you can dive Chinese New Year and be an "improvisional" Looney Bird. :D

(I wonder if J. enjoys diving with me so much because I don't know any pun hand signals?)

Is it a requirement to dive in a wetsuit instead of dry on the New Year's dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom