"LEGAL" Looney Birds ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The penguin is quite cute!

But keep in mind that we are construed to be "Looney Birds" not only because we do the New Year's Day dive, but also because we "dive in Lake Lanier" on a regular basis.

the K

Not to be a downer, but I have two problems with a logo:

1. the penguin and the frosted lettering gives the impression that we're a northern club.

2. a loon is not indiginious to Georgia. If I saw a dive club logo with a loon on it I'd think Minnesota.

kentley:
Something like this maybe?

LLLB.jpg

I think some oval stickers would be cool too.

i see loons on the lakes here alot,good cheap fishfinders they are where the baitfish are,wished i could hold my breath like them,wouldnt need all that bulky gear.

spiveym:
Not to be a downer, but I have two problems with a logo:

1. the penguin and the frosted lettering gives the impression that we're a northern club.

2. a loon is not indiginious to Georgia. If I saw a dive club logo with a loon on it I'd think Minnesota.

I concur with point #1.

While point #2 is absolutely correct, from a zoological standpoint, the image of a loon would reflect, albeit only in a metaphoric manner, the "Looney" portion of our name.'' (Wish they were, I love the calls they make.)

the K

I looked and looked for some type of cartoon of a loon that could be photoshop'ed to include a tank, regulator or some type of SCUBA outfit. All the pictures of loons that I found were too majestic looking to doctor up. We are going to have to have someone draw the loon I believe. Either that or have a dignified image of a loon with the Lake Lanier Looney Birds phrase somewhere around it.

Other than that maybe we could have either a dive flag in the middle or a drawing of some gear.

I think too that since the New Years day is approaching and will be here before we know it. Maybe we could make a shirt for New Year's Day Dive 2007? Just a thought.

Jeremy

Im actually trying to draw up a few sketches for some ideas of a logo. I'll let you guys see them as soon as im done.

Kyle

Kyle,

How did you insert the image into the post? I can't get the attachments to work, I have a possible starting point for the Loon logo...

Mike

The Kraken:
I concur with point #1.

the K

That's the point I was trying to get across.

It's not that I was trying to come across as a Northern club, but really, how many people, (In N. America), in their right mind go diving on Jan. 1st?, but it's a right of passage for the LLLB? That's why I thought of the penguin.

"...in their right mind..."

Well, I think I see the problem. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom