The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know you said you emailed them twice but have you bothered to pick up a phone and call? More importantly, what is up with all the computers going bad? No one seems upset that they purchased a computer that died while diving but the fact that the seller won't warranty the item does bother them. All praise Suunto for there failing dive computers but lets bash leisure pro for not fixing them. Something wrong with that picture.

I don't praise Suunto. My spyder flooded & stopped working at 50ft last year, and the LDS wants more to repair it than many new computers cost. So now it's just an expensive paperweight. I won't buy another Suunto product.

scubasean:
I'm wondering what you think a shop having a "normal" warranty would have done...

Exactly what date did you send it to LP. I'm curious.

Good luck!
Sent to LP on Monday May 24,2004. They have not responded to my last two emails. It is going on two months now that they or Suunto have had the computer. I always thought that thier warranty would be just give you another item. If they are not a legal dealer for that brand I wonder why Suunuto would work on the items they sell. If that is the case I am not sure. But a local shop would have at least given me a free loaner for my trip. The replacement Aeris Elite I bought from Scuba Toys.Com had a glich with the signal on my trip. I brought it back to Larry and left the store with a new unit.Thats service period.

Like I keep saying...buy only NON-LIFE SUPPORTING equipment from an online source...fins, suits, etc. I will only buy a bc or a reg/computer from an LDS. Most manufacturers work only with established LDS dealers etc. The grey market issues / selling used as new issues keep creeping up in the online market. Are prices cheaper online? Yes, but you always get what you pay for...and then some. With scuba equipment...scuba equipment is not like shopping at Walmart...it IS expensive because most of it IS specialized.

Just my O2

oceancrest67:
Like I keep saying...buy only NON-LIFE SUPPORTING equipment from an online source...fins, suits, etc. I will only buy a bc or a reg/computer from an LDS. Most manufacturers work only with established LDS dealers etc. The grey market issues / selling used as new issues keep creeping up in the online market. Are prices cheaper online? Yes, but you always get what you pay for...and then some. With scuba equipment...scuba equipment is not like shopping at Walmart...it IS expensive because most of it IS specialized.

Just my O2

NOT ALL ONLINE STORES ARE GREYMARKET!!!!

LeisurePro is grey market...no their warranty is not from the manufacturers.

However, Scubatoys.com, scuba.com, diversdiscount.com are all AUTHORIZED dealers. They all have physical shops in their respective cities. Aside from keeping the money in YOUR city there IS NO difference in buying from Scubatoys.com than your local LDS. If you happen to be in dallas you can walk into Scubatoys store and buy it htere rather than online. As a comparision I could actually BUY A PLANE ticket to Dallas, go to Scubatoys shop, buy a reg, computer, BC, octo and STILL SAVE MONEY compared my LDS here in Houston.

Again, I'm not trying to get into the online/LDS arguement just poiint out that the above post is a gross, unfair overgeneralization by equating all online shops to LeisurePro

oceancrest67:
Like I keep saying...buy only NON-LIFE SUPPORTING equipment from an online source...fins, suits, etc.

I agree, if I were to buy anything from LP, it would only be things that aren't critical.

Paul

I did a dumb thing; got a stinger from leisure pro, then saw this thread, was worried. I called them. The warranty is through LeisurePro. They also have a 14 day full return policy. Call them, ask them about why you haven't received your merchandise. I ordered last Wednesday with three day delivery. If I don't receive it today, I will be calling them tomorrow and with a less happy and more specific tone.

outlawaggie:
NOT ALL ONLINE STORES ARE GREYMARKET!!!!

LeisurePro is grey market...no their warranty is not from the manufacturers.

However, Scubatoys.com, scuba.com, diversdiscount.com are all AUTHORIZED dealers. They all have physical shops in their respective cities. Aside from keeping the money in YOUR city there IS NO difference in buying from Scubatoys.com than your local LDS. If you happen to be in dallas you can walk into Scubatoys store and buy it htere rather than online. As a comparision I could actually BUY A PLANE ticket to Dallas, go to Scubatoys shop, buy a reg, computer, BC, octo and STILL SAVE MONEY compared my LDS here in Houston.

Again, I'm not trying to get into the online/LDS arguement just poiint out that the above post is a gross, unfair overgeneralization by equating all online shops to LeisurePro

You did not read what I said all that carefully. I did not say ALL online dealers...I said grey market issues do creep up in the online market place...that does not mean all or nothing...it means some online distributors. Yes, you are correct...there are those with established stores and online websites that have established deals with manufacturers' warranties. I have been to Divers Direct in FL...and, I have purchased items from them via their website. I still stand by my opinion...I buy only NON-LIFE SUPPORTING equipment from an online source. BC's and Regs/Computers...I will shop around...through LDS's and via online sites...and, I will ask lots of questions before I buy.

Again, no argument...just my 02.

Another opinion...I have found it to my benefit to actually call the customer reps at the actual manufacturer....Oceanic, Dive Rite etc...on top of visiting their web sites...to find out how they deal, who they deal with, and what their warranties cover etc. All good information before I buy.

Remember folks, it is your hard earned money and it is up to you to shop for the best quality for the best price...knowing that you are going to be breathing through it at some depth somewhere. It PAYS to shop around and ask questions, and it pays to buy your own. Rental gear...used banged up gear...sucks. Peace of mind rules.

Just another 02.

leisure pro has their own warranty that if they do not offer you the warranty of the product, if you fill out their warranty card, they uphold the warranty of the manufacturer for the same time period that the manufacturer would, if you fill out the card in the first 30 days.

Back
Top Bottom