The Grail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the second one, could probably do better but my fingers hurt. Good enough.

C86866D7-1AB2-4487-B2E8-6F42870DAFBE.jpeg

@buddhasummer, is there like a beach in Japan where G250s wash ashore like grains of sand, Hawaii has a beach of black volcanic sand, in Japan is there a beach composed entirely of G250s? And you just go scoop up a bucket full from time to time?

Concerning the Spraymax 2K, also available in a satin finish, do not spray the entire regulator, just the diaphragm cover sans purge button for best results. And since folks tend to spray silicone on their dive gear or slather it with Neats foot oil and other concoctions of dubious merit a good prep is needed to prevent fisheyes in the clear coat.

Hawaii has a beach of black volcanic sand, in Japan is there a beach composed entirely of G250s?

In Libya we have the biggest beach in the world but no water!!

@Nemrod

R190 and 109 are worlds apart.

That's, "Are One Ninety vs. "One-Oh!- Nine!"

Again, the R190 is an AIR 2 with the inflator/deflator removed. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

@Nemrod

R190 and 109 are worlds apart.

That's, "Are One Ninety vs. "One-Oh!- Nine!"

Again, the R190 is an AIR 2 with the inflator/deflator removed. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
That is okay because in my cursory Bonaire test it breathed better than the Jetstream it was mated with making me consider if I should move the Jetstream to secondary position and move the R190 to primary position, Air 2 or not. If something works, it just works. And since it is like an empty shell with one moving part it is likely to keep just working. That makes it the perfect back up.

As to an Air 2, frankly, in all seriousness, it would not take much to cause me to want one if it breathed as good as my R190. I would have to finally break free from my Hog-Think but it would be a minimalist move to shed some more gear.

When I had my drowning experience summer before this, whilst I was floating beside myself and contemplating how I had gotten into this poor predicament it then occurred to me two things:

1. I was not ready to die yet. And it turns out I am kinda hard to kill.
2. If I did not die I was going to get rid of a bunch of unreliable junk and relegate some other things to exhibition only status.

And, I deem the R190 to be reliable and trustworthy :). And it, like the G250 and the beautiful beyond comparison CE stamped 156, it has the large exhaust valve! :)

There was a Seinfeld episode where in Art Vandelay was an importer but not an exporter (or vice versa?), I am both an importer and an exporter, of air that is :wink:. If a second stage does not exhaust as easily as it inhales, and that takes a minimum of 30mm exhaust valve IMO, I look askance at it as not being up to par. So the 109 fails for me and the R190 passes.

James

That is okay because in my cursory Bonaire test it breathed better than the Jetstream it was mated with making me consider if I should move the Jetstream to secondary position and move the R190 to primary position, Air 2 or not. If something works, it just works. And since it is like an empty shell with one moving part it is likely to keep just working. That makes it the perfect back up.

And, I deem the R190 to be reliable and trustworthy :). And it, like the G250 and the beautiful beyond comparison CE stamped 156, it has the large exhaust valve! :)
I worked at a shop that used a fleet of MK2 R190 for rental and students. Those regulators saw heavy use and sometimes abuse, with hundreds of dives between service. Reliable and trustworthy for sure. I halfway seriously considered switching away from my higher end regulators based on the durability and performance of the MK2 R190s.

A Jetstream can be tuned to breath nicely, but I prefer the breathing characteristics of the Cyklon if going the Poseidon route.
And a hard exhale out of a monster exhaust valve like Cyklon or AIR1 takes the cake over those little 30mm valves🥇

Back
Top Bottom