The Grail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it has been in the G250s and BAs to prevent that one could accidentally turn the adjustment knob too much in, increasing the cracking effort into unacceptable ranges........
I couldn't see how it could help to protect anything while transported.
But doesn't basically make it a "non-adjustable" 2nd stage? It severely limits the range of the adjuster on my reg. First time I see this...

But doesn't basically make it a "non-adjustable" 2nd stage? It severely limits the range of the adjuster on my reg. First time I see this...
No, it has a range. But it is designed to be removable. If you get a chance take a picture of your serial number, I want to compare with mine. Thanks

Ok, will do tomorrow :)

Yes it is easily removable.

It also has a very different main diaphragm. Black, sturdier and with four bumps. Patented.

I think it has been in the G250s and BAs to prevent that one could accidentally turn the adjustment knob too much in, increasing the cracking effort into unacceptable ranges........
I couldn't see how it could help to protect anything while transported.
It wasn't installed on my three Balanced Adjustables and single G250 (IIRC), all purchased new in 1987 and 1988.

rx7diver

Ok, will do tomorrow :)

Yes it is easily removable.

It also has a very different main diaphragm. Black, sturdier and with four bumps. Patented.
Your diaphragm is it different from this?

Attachments

• 1681603712593.jpeg
    1681603712593.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 52
It wasn't installed on my three Balanced Adjustables and single G250 (IIRC), all purchased new in 1987 and 1988.

rx7diver
On the schematics translated from Italian to English… it’s called a knob spacer.

156CE diaphragm, and diaphragm from early metal barrel G500 (EU version with grey S" on purge cover)

Attachments

• IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 44
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom