The Grail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an aside, I've started using the plastic orifice in the G250, well mine anyway, less than half the price of a metal one, won't corrode, let's see how well it holds up. Given SP use them in their TOTL regs I assume must be ok. Time will tell, assuming I keep it long enough for time to tell🤦‍♂️

As an aside, I've started using the plastic orifice in the G250, well mine anyway, less than half the price of a metal one, won't corrode, let's see how well it holds up. Given SP use them in their TOTL regs I assume must be ok. Time will tell, assuming I keep it long enough for time to tell🤦‍♂️
I’m not sure when SP came out with plastic orifice but this 156 came with one.

@buddhasummer, how is it going?

It is remarkable that a regulator design that dates from the late 60s is still state of the art and lives on as the G260 and that I can swap working parts and service kits between them.

Scubapro had to deliberatly clock the lugs on the G260 air barrel so that "certain" people would not convert their G250V regs to G260 specs. I mean, like, you think a company needs to sell a few products to stay in business, geeez :wink:.

And I was asked recently if I really think Scubapro is the best! Seriously! Is this even a question? And you know what, another 40 years from now, my bet is still on Scubapro.

James

One I just finished, came up pretty good:

Before:

D1943A47-5432-4F20-9831-20B99980E1DC.jpeg

After:

6FADED8F-2277-4B51-900B-45B37F100663.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom