The Death and Life of Monterey Bay: A Story of Revival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattaphore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A while back, there was a post in the Books and Media Reviews section about "The Death and Life of Monterey Bay: A Story of Revival".

I read the book, thoroughly enjoyed it, and recommend it to other divers looking for an easy-read; however, the reason I'm bringing it up in the Nor Cal section is that Professor Palumbi will be giving a lecture at the Academy of Sciences on October 4th at 7:00pm. He'll be discussing marine parks and conservation and I think it'll be an interesting presentation :)

It's $12 for general admission, $10 for seniors, and free for Cal Academy of Science members. I already bought my tix, see ya there!

Thanks for the post!!! Captain Mike let me borrow his copy of the book while we were in the Galapagos. I loved it so much I bought two copies, one to share and a second in case that one does not come back to me...

Palumbi has done some pretty impressive scientific research. I'll have to add this book to my list.

Please do, Dr. Bill. It's earned the "Fisheater Seal of Approval."

Well written and educational, both for bio-ecology and politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A heads-up for those who may be interested: This is happening tomorrow night, Tuesday Oct. 4th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom