The Cypress Sea's last trip will be Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too! Although Capt. Phil just called me and set up an appointment to teach me nitrox. I asked him if he was sad about the Sea being sold and he said that he's ready for the next step in his life, and he gets to take next weekend off. Oh, if he could captain the SP, I am certain that you'd find other divers like me that would go just because he's there.
He's the only one I could learn Nitrox from, you start throwing numbers at me and I just glaze over. I felt safe when I was on his boat, I felt like he wouldn't let anything happen to us.

Mike.

I must say if you guys Bring Capitan Phil S on Board, You will be almost guaranteed to bring a lot of the Cypress Sea Customers along with him, Including me!!

I second that! Captain Phil's knowledge of the sea is unsurpassed and his ability to judge what divers can and cannot do makes for some very fun and safe diving. So I agree, get Capt Phil and I know you'll see many who used to dive the Cypress Sea, dive the Silver Prince.

ditto.

I second that! Captain Phil's knowledge of the sea is unsurpassed and his ability to judge what divers can and cannot do makes for some very fun and safe diving. So I agree, get Capt Phil and I know you'll see many who used to dive the Cypress Sea, dive the Silver Prince.

... I work for Aquatic Discovery. They are a fantastic dive shop in Santa Clara, owned by Raj and Barbara.

They both dive and are larger than life. Raj has encouraged me to complete PADI Dive Master so I can assist on the boat as a deck hand.

So there it is, if you guys ever need some air fills at great prices, we do Nitrox too any mix you need, come down and visit Mike G at Aquatic Discovery in Santa Clara.:wink:

Although this was brought up in response to a question about the Silver Prince, it is also a borderline breach of the ScubaBoard TOS. Recommend you review the following about how to properly advertise for your business.
ScubaBoard - Frequently Asked Questions: Free MarketPlace & Advertising

Although this was brought up in response to a question about the Silver Prince, it is also a borderline breach of the ScubaBoard TOS. Recommend you review the following about how to properly advertise for your business.

First and foremost,

I want to apologize to the entire Scubaboard, for stating that I work for Aquatic Discovery and promoting the dive shop.

This is the reason I did not publicly want to announce to anyone on the board that I was employed there, I figured more harm than good would come out, I was right.

Let me explain, word got out that I was working there, and so I decided to confirm it on this thread, when questions were asked about the Silver Prince.

RDJIV has given me insight, and I have now read the regulations set forth by Scubaboard and will abide 100%.

Once again, sorry for recommending the shop to all divers, and I will not post any other comments regarding the Silver Prince, nor the dive shop on this thread.

I will also make an attempt to ask the moderator of the board strike out my post that makes these references.

Once again, I truly apologize.

Michael Guerrero

Hey Mike,

Rules are rules, however, you're an integral part of this section of Scubaboard, constantly contributing and making it pretty entertaining for the likes of me. ;-) I doubt that you'll be paid more for promoting your shop and from reading your posts, I don't see even a veiled attempt at a commercial purpose here.

Regardless, if we can get Capt Phil on the Silver Prince and you can hook us up on that, Monterey will still be a better place to dive.

Also, I support all of our current dive shops, vendors and boats to flourish and prosper, as it ensures that we'll continue to enjoy this wonderful activity.

Hey Mike,

Rules are rules, however, you're an integral part of this section of Scubaboard, constantly contributing and making it pretty entertaining for the likes of me. ;-) I doubt that you'll be paid more for promoting your shop and from reading your posts, I don't see even a veiled attempt at a commercial purpose here.

Regardless, if we can get Capt Phil on the Silver Prince and you can hook us up on that, Monterey will still be a better place to dive.

Also, I support all of our current dive shops, vendors and boats to flourish and prosper, as it ensures that we'll continue to enjoy this wonderful activity.

I also Concur what Doc has stated here, I don't see you doing wrong here Mike, I see you suggesting/Helping the nor-cal dive community to find a new dive boat resource!!

We The Nor-Cal Divers thank you Buddy!!

First Off, He is NOT Advertising **His** Business, Mike is simply talking about a shop he works for, And if this is out of line, I must say all of us Instructors that discuss Our shops that we work for, must be just as much out of line, Never had a moderator or Netdoc (ScubaBoard owner) Ever complain yet!!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

To help clarify- It's always better if people are up front about who their affiliated with- just makes it easier for folks to judge the information they post that way.

It's always OK to offer info, even if you're part of the business, that answers someones questions in a thread, much as Mike has done here.

We do ask that folks put links to their business web sites, phone numbers, etc in their sig lines rather than in the posts themselves. (Also helps remove confusion about who they work for too.)

If you feel a post has violated TOS please hit the report button rather than debating it in the thread- makes the clean up easier for the staff if we only have one post to deal with rather than pages of debate that rarely contribute to the threads original purpose. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom