The Cypress Sea's last trip will be Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lot of us will be missing the Cypress Sea badly as that boat was perfect for taking us down to Big Sur for tech trips. Being one of the larger dive boats, it could take rougher conditions better. I'm wondering which boat will now be able to make those Big Sur trips.

A lot of us will be missing the Cypress Sea badly as that boat was perfect for taking us down to Big Sur for tech trips. Being one of the larger dive boats, it could take rougher conditions better. I'm wondering which boat will now be able to make those Big Sur trips.

The Bad thing there Doc, As far as I know, None of the remaining Dive Charters have a nice warm Closed in Cabin for those long trips, And none offer the Hospitality like the Food and drinks and such.

Not to Mention the outstanding Crew!!!

The Bad thing there Doc, As far as I know, None of the remaining Dive Charters have a nice warm Closed in Cabin for those long trips, And none offer the Hospitality like the Food and drinks and such.

Not to Mention the outstanding Crew!!!

Hm...how many divers can the Silver Prince hold? Doesn't it have an inside cabin? I loved how you can sleep in the cabin of the Cypress Sea on the way down and back on those longer trips.

Hm...how many divers can the Silver Prince hold? Doesn't it have an inside cabin? I loved how you can sleep in the cabin of the Cypress Sea on the way down and back on those longer trips.

Doc, I don't know, I Might Not have been on that boat!!

Anyone one else care to chime in, I thought I had Been on the SP, I might be mistaken???

Yes, it does have an inside cabin...just not as big as the Cypress Sea.

Truth Aquatics out of Santa Barbara has been known to do big sur trips. Oh look, they have a 4-day big sur trip scheduled in June:

calendar

Doc and Jim,

The Silver Prince has an inside cabin that is warm and can put you to sleep, it also has an awesome bathroom that is large and easy to get in/out of inside the cabin.

The crew is very friendly and the best thing is the nonslip grid that is on the deck. I really love that stuff, my rockboots were glued to it as I walked around in choppy swells.

On a bright note, Captain Phil Sammit contacted Aquatic Discovery about becomming a boat captain for Silver Prince, that is a big plus for us if they bring him on board.

Mike G falls asleep in the cabin of SP, nice and warm, plenty of space.
fe3qzd.jpg

Mike G after crew help take off his gear, big cheese smile
2e4zskz.jpg

Plenty of room for divers to move around and assemble gear
rhiavs.jpg

Jim, Doc if you guys don't already know, I work for Aquatic Discovery. They are a fantastic dive shop in Santa Clara, owned by Raj and Barbara.

They both dive and are larger than life. Raj has encouraged me to complete PADI Dive Master so I can assist on the boat as a deck hand.

You know that if I complete the course, you all are my good friends and I will treat you like family on the boat, well maybe not Jim J/K.

Especially you Jim and Brewski you guys are like no other divers I know, full of life and so funny, I almost forget I'm diving when I'm under your company. :D

Jim, Doc I am talking to Raj about getting us a nice deal on a MAG for the Silver Prince entering the new year maybe Jan or Feb or March I will let you guys know.

So there it is, if you guys ever need some air fills at great prices, we do Nitrox too any mix you need, come down and visit Mike G at Aquatic Discovery in Santa Clara.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom