The cruise ships are back !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At this point in the pandemic, likely Mexico assumes that first world tourists would be smart enough to get the vaccine that is available to them prior to traveling. So they believe there is little risk in letting travelers visit...
Nah, they read the news, they know, but don't want to lose the cash cow. "On January 23, 1970, Isla Cancún had only three residents, all caretakers of the coconut plantation of Don José de Jesús Lima Gutiérrez, who lived on Isla Mujeres. Some 117 people lived in nearby Puerto Juárez, a fishing village and military base." The federal government developed the resort island of hotels, and since has put a lot into developing the coast southward, as well as sacrificing much of it, to attract US dollars and they don't want to lose any more than they have in the ongoing pandemic. They're enforcing some safety requirements, but not enough to scare many away.

I just returned from a week on Roatan Island after completing pages of forms and showing my vaccination card. Not at all a similar experience.

What they don't understand is that half the USA has joined a death cult.
Oh, I think that they know, but taking the risks. Theif feds have always cared more about money than citizens. Looking for the seven cities of gold has been a tradition for centuries.

You want me to send you a card that says you were vaccinated in April? Take me 5 minutes. Problem 1.

Problem 2, Mexico is only set up to test for pesos....
12.5 K people were vaccinated on the day I went to the local vaccination site. They were Very efficient at it but they were handing out cards that were blank in the name sections on the way out. County records would show who actually got vaccinated but like any other medical information there are restrictions on access to it. So yes there are lots of blank cards out there like the two in my safe.

Yes the unvaccinated traveler is an issue and may have joined a death cult, since from the info I have heard, the actual rate is about 9X the reported rate.
I remember in 2016 when Zika was rampant on the island but officially there were zero cases.

what if I got vaxxed but lost my card? Can the vaxxer replace a card for a vaxxee?
I think the first suggestion is to try the place that gave you the jabs. I got mine in two places, and options will vary by state, so I emailed ImmTrac2, the Texas Immunization Registry at ImmTrac2@dshs.texas.gov and got a quick reply...

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Immunization Registry. We do not replace cards but we can send you a PDF of the official record of the vaccines. To request a copy of immunization records complete and submit (by fax or mail) an Authorization to Release ImmTrac2 History Form (F11-11406).

ImmTrac Forms and Documents

For a person over 18 years of age, also complete and submit an ImmTrac2 Adult Consent Form (F11-13366)

ImmTrac Forms and Documents,

Allow 7-10 business day to be process ( process time seem longer due to Covid19)​

Mail To: Texas Department of State Health
Services ImmTrac Group
MC-1946
P.O. Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347

NJ just announced support for the Docket app. Pretty neat. Checks and validates your vaccination record and provides official verification on the app.

This morning was a tw
20210722_115507.jpg
ofer

My daughter, SIL, and granddaughter are there today from the CARNIVAL BREEZE. They like cruises for some reason, and they booked a barhop tour today of all of the things there are to do and see on the island. At least they got to go around the loop.

They were going to do a ruins tour in Costa Maya yesterday, but the barge was two hours late docking so they just got off and toured the iguana population at the dock.

Oddly enough after the morning dive I drove past Pureta Maya and saw very little activity and minimual taxi's. Several local Islanders told me the cruise line has them in a 'bubble' and they are only allowed off the ships for designated (Carnival gets a cut from) tours and not allowed to get out on their own. Please verify with grand daughter, if possible.
The cruise lines have been slavering for this model for years and it cuts the local cities out of any economic benefit. It's a follow on to the cruise ship owned islands.

Please verify with grand daughter, if possible.
The cruise lines have been slavering for this model for years and it cuts the local cities out of any economic benefit. It's a follow on to the cruise ship owned islands.
I mentioned that I'd head that, but she said no. The Cozumel bar hop tour they booked was associated with Carnival, but it certainly took them outside of the bubble. The Costa Maya ruins tour they were too late for doesn't show to be associated with the barge company:
Turismo Chac Choben, S de RL de CV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom