The cruise ships are back !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hadn't heard, but a quick google search says yes. Sounds like he's prevailing. DeSantis wins again in legal battle over COVID protocols on cruise ships, but storm clouds are on the horizon | Florida Phoenix

I don't understand why the cruise lines don't just move to a port in another state. Georgia isn't far and has deep ports...
I was talking to some cruisers Tuesday at Casa Cozumil and their Carnival ship was out of Galveston.
I was surprised to see them as I thought Carnival had them in a bubble but they said no but few of their shipmates were out and about.

I was talking to some cruisers Tuesday at Casa Cozumil and their Carnival ship was out of Galveston.
I was surprised to see them as I thought Carnival had them in a bubble but they said no but few of their shipmates were out and about.
My daughter's household was there on the 20th from that barge. They did the bar hop in the heat of the day. We have different tastes.

From the article Gopbroek linked us to:

"Officials noted that there were more than 4,000 people on the ship, and 99.98 percent of the crew was vaccinated, along with the vast majority of the passengers.

The infected crew members are now in isolation, but “most are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms,” Belize officials said."

Thing is, with cruising currently involving so much testing, I imagine that's one of the safer groups of 4,000 people we might find. That's 0.675% tested positive (really less, because there were more than 4,000 on the ship).

Wonder what the positivity rate is in Cozumel these days? Or my local Wal-mart, for that matter?

"Officials noted that there were more than 4,000 people on the ship, and 99.98 percent of the crew was vaccinated, along with the vast majority of the passengers.

The infected crew members are now in isolation, but “most are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms,” Belize officials said."

Thing is, with cruising currently involving so much testing, I imagine that's one of the safer groups of 4,000 people we might find. That's 0.675% tested positive (really less, because there were more than 4,000 on the ship).

Wonder what the positivity rate is in Cozumel these days? Or my local Wal-mart, for that matter?
I also wonder if Carnival mandated vaccinations for the crew and if some of them may have used fake record cards.

The opposition to Vaccination Passports made the rise of fake Vax-cards too easy.

Other vaccine incentives have been opposed as well.

There are different Covid antibody tests on serum. The ones that are directed against the spike protein are positive in vaccinated and prior infected persons. The ones that are directed against the capsid proteins are positive in persons that have been infected or those that received an inactivated virus vaccine (Sinovax). Those that have not been infected but have been vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna, J and J, AstraZeneca, and Sputnik should be capsid negative. It’s one way to tell if a vaccine document may be inaccurate.

Somebody check my math, but that would mean that there were approximately 130,000 crew member on board.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom