The cruise ships are back !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From a VacationsToGo.com mailing this morning:

"This week I'd like to start by sharing some positive news about the cruise industry. The Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the world's largest cruise industry trade association, reports that by the end of this month, nearly 50% of global cruise capacity will be in operation. That percentage will rise to 56% by the end of September and to 82% by the end of December 2021.

In terms of passengers, hundreds of thousands of Americans have cruised since the industry restarted this summer, primarily in the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Alaska and the Mediterranean."

As with much that 'hits the fan,' I imagine cruise ships won't be evenly distributed, so what this portends for how busy Cozumel is and grows as a port may not be in direct relation. But bottom line, the cruise industry isn't fully back, but it's coming back fast...unless things change. And with the Delta variant, things keep changing.

How many cruise ships have been arriving in Coz so far in a typical week?
I think I usually saw two a day when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom