The cruise ships are back !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Despite the governor of FL saying cruise lines can't require the vaccination card, all passengers must be vaccinated
I'd hate to be trapped on a barge with people who weren't, and I'm sure the cruise lines don't want to deal with the risk now that we have such a wonderful solution.
My sister in law is one of those folks who doesn't want to get vaccinated.
o_O
Exception paperwork must be completed and approved for those that are too young (SIL has a 10 year old child going with her).
So are they going? Did she give in on the jabs?

Great news that the cruise lines are enforcing some semblance of sanity, despite Florida's INsanity.

You still couldn't pay me enough to get on one of those boats, but at least this means the people in the places they are visiting will be better protected than the free for all I feared was going to happen.

Great news that the cruise lines are enforcing some semblance of sanity, despite Florida's INsanity.

You still couldn't pay me enough to get on one of those boats, but at least this means the people in the places they are visiting will be better protected than the free for all I feared was going to happen.

If Mexico was THAT worried about the safety of its people why dont they just mandate you must be vaccinated to visit? Solves a LOT of issues........especially with the Delta variant. Its really really contagious. Killed a best friend of mine. Was very very bad.

If Mexico was THAT worried about the safety of its people why dont they just mandate you must be vaccinated to visit? Solves a LOT of issues........especially with the Delta variant. Its really really contagious. Killed a best friend of mine. Was very very bad.
Everything I have heard about the cruise ship lines at least implies that one has to be vaccinated to get aboard, which is good, or at least better than not. The US requires a negative test to get back into the country and Canada's requirements are more stringent; those are pretty strong incentives to get vaccinated before going to Mexico. Vehicle traffic crossing the US-Mexico is still restricted, I believe. Sometimes what appears to be a simple solution, isn't.

Because they are also THAT worried about the economic welfare of it's people. It's a balancing act between tourism and safety.

why dont they just mandate you must be vaccinated to visit? .

You want me to send you a card that says you were vaccinated in April? Take me 5 minutes. Problem 1.

Problem 2, Mexico is only set up to test for pesos....

At this point in the pandemic, likely Mexico assumes that first world tourists would be smart enough to get the vaccine that is available to them prior to traveling. So they believe there is little risk in letting travelers visit...

What they don't understand is that half the USA has joined a death cult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom