The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awwww thanx Sandy!

Its the bunny ears. Who doesn't love bunnies? Even fishies love bunnies.

I have a few questions on tides and such at this location and the tide chart if anyone can help? I am just picking a day that may be available for me to dive there.

08/02/2009 Sun 12:24AM LDT 0.8 L 06:15AM LDT 2.5 H 12:43PM LDT 0.3 L 07:04PM LDT 2.6 H

It states that high tide is 6:15 am. Is that peak high with full flow incoming and providing a slack to outgoing somewhere in the 8am to 10am range? I fish Sebastian Inlet and that is how I have learned to gauge the tides here. I wont be fishing that day, I am planning a weekend trip and possibly doing a drift dive charter on 8/1. There is the option to do a second charter dive on 8/2 but you guys and your pics have really peaked my interest. It might be a little easier on the wallet to opt for the bridge dive on Sunday. I will be driving there solo and meeting a group for the charters. I am just looking to maximize my fun while down there and not break the bank in the process. Is anyone planning that far out to dive there and if so would it be possible to buddy up with someone? If anyone is interested feel free to shoot me a PM as I'd love to see this site. Oh yeah, what are the water temps and wetsuit recommendations?

I'd recommend doing the dive at high tide in the afternoon/evening on the 1st.

Tide times listed are peak tides. Depending on the tide phase there is usually a 45 minute slack tide before the outgoing tide starts up. The morning tide time is not doable. You can not be in the park before sunrise, or after sunset, unless you are launching a boat from the ramp.

The evening high tide is doable. Sunset is 8:07 PM for 8/2. You will have to cut teh dive short to make sure you are ready to leave the park close to sunset, ar risk a ticket.

Water temps have been in the mid 80's. I am using a 1mm wetsuit since I do 2+ hour dives, and don't move around a lot when I am shooting pics.

I have a few questions on tides and such at this location and the tide chart if anyone can help? I am just picking a day that may be available for me to dive there.

08/02/2009 Sun 12:24AM LDT 0.8 L 06:15AM LDT 2.5 H 12:43PM LDT 0.3 L 07:04PM LDT 2.6 H

It states that high tide is 6:15 am. Is that peak high with full flow incoming and providing a slack to outgoing somewhere in the 8am to 10am range? I fish Sebastian Inlet and that is how I have learned to gauge the tides here. I wont be fishing that day, I am planning a weekend trip and possibly doing a drift dive charter on 8/1. There is the option to do a second charter dive on 8/2 but you guys and your pics have really peaked my interest. It might be a little easier on the wallet to opt for the bridge dive on Sunday. I will be driving there solo and meeting a group for the charters. I am just looking to maximize my fun while down there and not break the bank in the process. Is anyone planning that far out to dive there and if so would it be possible to buddy up with someone? If anyone is interested feel free to shoot me a PM as I'd love to see this site. Oh yeah, what are the water temps and wetsuit recommendations?

Hey Thanx!!

Trick? It was pure luck.

:D

And that ladies and gentlemen is the secret to underwater photography.
Now I'm afraid to post my Stargazer pics from Saturday's BHB dive :depressed:

I'm taking some pics of a juvi lobster that was out in public when a Stargazer came out of nowhere and plopped himself down in front of me. Then, he refused to move. I took pictures and then tried some video (deleted the video because it looked like a movie of no movement). I swam on to the next subject and the darned thing followed me... I think it was trying to tell me that I should have bunny ears :wink:

Oh, and no Frogfish on the dive either!

Thanks for the info guys but that really throws a wrench int my program. The group charter schedule is conflicting the 8/1 as it will be my first outing on the LittleDeeper drift dive. I guess I will have to seriously consider the 8/2 day as the charter is with SFDH in the morning. As stated I will be solo, so hitting the bridge Sunday afternoon alone may not be the best gamble. Thanks again... Your posted photos are amazing!

OK,
I wouldn't normally even post this picture, but I want it seen. I even left it a bit larger than I normally post

Anyone see anything interesting about the shrimp (like, number of feelers?)

2headedshrimp.jpg

Well, closer inspection shows me I should have spent more time under the east span taking pics of this one...

Yep, a Two-headed, Golden Coral Shrimp (Hey, it was dark... the focus light can only show so much)

2headedshrimpclose.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom