The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murfreesboro

We'll have to hook up and dive!!

There seem to be quite a few divers around Nashville and a pretty good Quarry. Lots of stuff to do there -- pro football and hockey, great restaurants, friendly people. I hope you like country music!

After hanging out at the bridge for about a half hour friday after work, and constantly updating the radar on the phone, we decided to call the dive due to a large storm cell that was approaching. Quite a few people went in the water anyway!

After hanging out at the bridge for about a half hour friday after work, and constantly updating the radar on the phone, we decided to call the dive due to a large storm cell that was approaching. Quite a few people went in the water anyway!

My daughter and I waited for the boomers to pass. Got in about 5:20. It was disappointing, but I needed a tune up dive with her and she needed to practice her skills. That worked out, but otherwise it would not have been worth it.

That was our plan, as earlier the storm looked to be moving fast, but it kind of stalled out over West Palm so we got tired of waiting since we were doing a boat dive this morning anyway.

High tide is at 7:00 pm tomorrow, Sunday 7/22. Is the dive doable that late, and if so, is anyone going? I might be interested but my regular buddy is out of town.

in hindsight, it was pretty stupid I suppose, but my dive buddy and I dove the east span on Friday after work during the storm. The rain did not impact the visibility very much.... in fact, the vis was better than it was the prior weekend (the last time I was at the bridge). I normally dive the west span and fishing pier, but found the east span to be very interesting. I know some folks say the the north side of the east span is not overly enjoyable , but I thought it was quite interesting with nudibranchs, roaming banded shrimp (not hidden), a little lobster hanging out in coral on one of the sunk boats, etc. We dove for 2 hours and it really was a nice dive despite the weather.... I am just glad lightning did not strike nearby!!

Sounds like you had a fun dive despite the weather. Thankfully the lightning didn't find your lightning rods strapped to your back!

We are pretty conservative regarding diving the bridge and lightning, probably because we dive it so much.

trigfunctions, I'd say you ought to check what time you have to be out of the park and go from there. You could likely do a shorter dive...

Amazing shot ! I have several pics of Stargazers but all buried in the sand, I've never seen their whole body (only when it's swimming away from me very quickly).

How'd ya get him to stay still for ya ? What the trick ?

Why? Because I wouldn't let you leave without showing you just "one more picture!"

No....just one more!!!

Well, you already saw them but, here's my contribution to the thread from last Friday.
Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post them any of the other ways yet.

Can't wait to come back!!!

Stargazer.jpg

Batfish.jpg

Amazing shot ! I have several pics of Stargazers but all buried in the sand, I've never seen their whole body (only when it's swimming away from me very quickly).

How'd ya get him to stay still for ya ? What the trick ?

Hey Thanx!!

Trick? It was pure luck.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom