The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jawegg1.jpg

jawegg2.jpg

Dragonet Courtship

dragonet_cortship.jpg

Hi tibenmiami and others,

What was the viz and temp today at the bridge? We plan on going Monday and Tuesday if the visibility is decent.

Nice pictures!!

Friday I saw what looked like an anemone out on the flats. Couldn't find it in Reef Creature. It was about 4"X8".The topside had tentacles that looked like sharp curved spikes( about 6-8 ) with the tips a dark greenish color. Underside was was a disc-shaped pad. It was not attached to the bottom but fluttering its' disc on each side to create a hovering forward movement. Was this an anemone that I saw. Has anybody seen this? No pic. Sorry.

Went diving at the bridge with the rest of the state today. We came upon a fish that was reddish-orange, stout, with folded upward wings, a banded rear body, and waspy-like movements, digging in the shells and sand, spitting stuff out. Anyone have any idea what it is? I've never seen anything like it. Ria took a photo, but won't be developed till later.

Went diving at the bridge with the rest of the state today. We came upon a fish that was reddish-orange, stout, with folded upward wings, a banded rear body, and waspy-like movements, digging in the shells and sand, spitting stuff out. Anyone have any idea what it is? I've never seen anything like it. Ria took a photo, but won't be developed till later.

Never mind! We finally found out what it was.....a bandtail searobin. Cute little thing!

Friday I saw what looked like an anemone out on the flats. Couldn't find it in Reef Creature. It was about 4"X8".The topside had tentacles that looked like sharp curved spikes( about 6-8 ) with the tips a dark greenish color. Underside was was a disc-shaped pad. It was not attached to the bottom but fluttering its' disc on each side to create a hovering forward movement. Was this an anemone that I saw. Has anybody seen this? No pic. Sorry.

An upside down jellyfish? I've seen them out there.

upsidedownjellyfish.jpg

Bob - maybe upside down jellyfish? upsidedownjelly.jpg This was from back in October.

Looks like Joyce and I were thinking/posting at the same time. :D

Thanks for your help ladies. Joanie, yours is closest to what I saw. Neat animal.

I have the Sealife mini on order. I'll really have to work at fl**ding that camera. Uh-oh. Did I jinx myself?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom