The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flooded my camera at Phil Foster Park this afternoon. Not having a camera checklist like I've been saying since since my last flood 2 years ago would have prevented the accident. It was stupid oversite on my part...I got the camera and housing out of the water quickly...so hopefully it's salvageable...Just looking at the poor thing on my desk with tears in my eyes.

Otherwise a great dive...saw 3 Octopus

I am sorry to hear about your camera. I hope it is minor & still works.

Flooded my camera at Phil Foster Park this afternoon. Not having a camera checklist like I've been saying since since my last flood 2 years ago would have prevented the accident. It was stupid oversite on my part...I got the camera and housing out of the water quickly...so hopefully it's salvageable...Just looking at the poor thing on my desk with tears in my eyes.

Ouch! I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Bummer. I hope you got it out and dried off quickly enough.

Officials are not certain when it will be safe to dive again.

"Fecal Coliform: N/A" or "enterococcus faecalis" on the reports from samples taken at BHB. This would indicate the enterococci bacterium were from a different source than "fecal matter"....

Bacterium enterococci are common in soil, water and plants. Some strains are a health hazard to animals and humans while others are commonly used in foods. Enterococcus faecalis, which is more commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract of animals and humans can become a serious health issue for humans and is passed from person to person through physical contact.

One scenario: The rivers that feed into Lake Worth are just now reaching the inlet from the heavy rains that drained the enterococci into the river from plants and soil. The natural tides will finally dissipate the danger.... eventually

We were there Thursday and did not dive--but plenty of others did. We did dive the day before and I assume the problem existed then as well. See Florida Healthy Beaches for almost current data. I looked tonite and no report for today--so I'm guessing they are still flying red flags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom