The Canadian Seal Slaughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only ravage killers of animals are those who drives big SUV's, go on expensive long flights to their diving vacations, buy new electronics and toys yearly, and don't recycle. They are the ones killing our environment and harming animals.

Bike to work, be a vegetarian, and don't wear polyester - then you have my respect if you want to protect cuddly cute seals.

You can't be serious. You should ask the victims of Katrina or the tsunami who the master is, nature or humans.

Love those Apples & Oranges! They go together so well! Ask the dinosaurs about Meteors! :confused:

Love those Apples & Oranges! They go together so well! Ask the dinosaurs about Meteors! :confused:

How is this apples and oranges? You stated that man is the master of nature and I gave examples that demonstrate the contrary. This is not the first time I have been unable to understand your posts. Please explain.

I know you have an open mind Naturediver so I hope the explanations given in numerous posts in this thread helped you discern between facts and fiction.

Even Greenpeace doesn't talk about seals anymore. They understood there was no threat to nature in this case.

If you would speak french, I could show you a video by an embedded journalist with the Humane Society that decided to show the real face of this organization, not only what they wanted him to show.

PETA has taken over the Humane Society and corrupted their agenda! Vegans can't or won't explain how they except breast feeding but cry out against dairy! The biggest problem is we have a bunch of people shoving their beliefs and wants down everyones throat with no respect for personal freedoms and rights! The whole thing is about sustainability whether we are talking Whaling, Fishing, or Harvesting Seals! Can the heard/pod be maintained in a sustainable way? We need to leave what we think emotionally out of it! We are the master of the nature we are a part of and have been charged to be good husbands to! If you are having a hard time understanding this concept we have no common ground to meet on and hopefully freedom will win out!

PETA has taken over the Humane Society and corrupted their agenda! Vegans can't or won't explain how they except breast feeding but cry out against dairy! The biggest problem is we have a bunch of people shoving their beliefs and wants down everyones throat with no respect for personal freedoms and rights! The whole thing is about sustainability whether we are talking Whaling, Fishing, or Harvesting Seals! Can the heard/pod be maintained in a sustainable way? We need to leave what we think emotionally out of it! We are the master of the nature we are a part of and have been charged to be good husbands to! If you are having a hard time understanding this concept we have no common ground to meet on and hopefully freedom will win out!

Well, I do have a hard time understanding how we are masters of nature given the examples I provided earlier. Humans have the power to have significant impact on the rest of nature yes but in no way are we master of nature. I don't know much about vegans or the issue of breast milk but I'll offer an idea. Don't vegans avoid anything animal related mainly because of animal rights issues. If a mother breast feeds her baby, she is volunteering the use of her breast milk. Therefore there is not a rights violation. This is just an idea, I really don't know a whole lot about veganism.

Papa_Bear, just an observation I've had but is the exclamation point the only punctuation that works on your keyboard or are you just really excited? Just asking.

I know you have an open mind Naturediver so I hope the explanations given in numerous posts in this thread helped you discern between facts and fiction.

Even Greenpeace doesn't talk about seals anymore. They understood there was no threat to nature in this case.

If you would speak french, I could show you a video by an embedded journalist with the Humane Society that decided to show the real face of this organization, not only what they wanted him to show.

I am taking every post made and considering the facts. I am always open to change my opinions if enough facts are presented. I like to think I'll always have an open mind.

then you also have to consider the source.

For example, on the hakapik, who do you trust most? an organization known for it's publicity stunts and controversial tactics... or a veterinary association whose first goal is to take care of animals?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom