The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PS: tasdiver - Kevin made it a point to show us the small "blemish" on the deck

:shocked2: :shakehead: :depressed:

I am sure taking a whole lotta grief about this :rofl3:

I was on this run too and second Lewis' kudos. Kevin is a great DM and Jason did a superb job as skipper. Overall a top notch outfit!

hay tasdiver: that was some impressive 'decorating' - do you do windows? ;>

-Mike

Okay! We were able to squeeze a trip in before all of the blowy weather. I was quite surprised to find blue water waiting for us after we had all of that rain, but blue it was. There was a small 2-3 foot groundswell, far apart when we went out, but other then that it was flat. During the course of the trip though, the winds picked up from the NE. By the time we headed in it was 2-3' swell + 2-3' chop. There was almost no current at all, and the water temps were mostly 74 degrees. There was an odd, slightly cooler layer that may have been heading south, mixing with the warmer layer which seemed to be heading north. The truth of the matter is that whatever the current was doing, it was very, very slight. We were in search of crustaceans and so we did Tabletops and The Jump. Lobsters were here and there, I think we saw 4 or 5 total. We did see plenty of turtles, nurse sharks and even a Goliath grouper!

Nocurrent.jpg

There was almost no current, and we actually had to do a fair amount of swimming today.

bigun2.jpg

We found a great big male loggerhead munching out on table-tops.

Puffnturt.jpg

Next was a teeny baby hawksbill...

Turtleparty.jpg

... followed by a grown-up!

Looks like a nice day Kev. Thanks for the pics, and report.

Thanks! It was a brief reprieve from this incessant wind, and really nice to get out.

We went again on Thursday, without the reprieve. Seas were mostly five feet, but the sets were coming from the NE and the SE at the same time, in close sets. Once we were out the inlet it wasn't so bad though, and the diving was awesome! Viz was 100+ and the water temp was 75. There was no current on the first dive, and a slight north on the second. We saw a cool small loggerhead a couple of squid and a double goldentail moray eel hunting party.

_DSC0015a.jpg

The viz was booming. Check out the school of grunts way off in the distance.

_DSC0037a.jpg

The turtle. I couldn't get very close to her.

_DSC0069a.jpg

One of the two goldentails, complete with golden tail. I had a couple of shots with both of them in the frame, along with their hunting entourages, but they were kinda boring pictures.

Last edited:
Sweet pics Kev.

I prayed to the weather Gods and sacrificed a virgin and the forecast looks doable for tomorrow now. See you at 730am :)

TONIGHT
SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. NEAR SHORE...SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET
SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 3 FEET. WELL OFFSHORE...SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.
NORTHEAST SWELL 2 FEET IN THE EVENING. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A
MODERATE CHOP. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SUNDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET NEAR
SHORE
AND UP TO 4 TO 6 FEET WELL OFFSHORE. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A
MODERATE CHOP. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.

deepstops - why did you waste a perfectly good virgin?? :)

I'm on the pm trip and want to thank you for the intro to Underwater Explorer - beer after the pm trip returns?

-Mike

I'm on the pm trip and want to thank you for the intro to Underwater Explorer - beer after the pm trip returns?
-Mike

She wasn't a waste if I go diving this weekend. Last weekend we were blown out on a forecast of 8-10' seas :depressed:

I won't be able to hang out until 5pm when you get back but I look fwd to meeting you at 1230 when we offload and reload.

-Mike

I do not think you and he have the same definition of the word "Sacrifice".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom