The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh................

GREAT video, I sure do miss diving Boynton with you and the gang, Kev. I'm going to have to budget a trip back home this year.

What better way to spend my birthday than doing 2 great dives with Underwater Explorers. Visibility 60+ feet, water 75-76 degrees, mild north current. Did Black Condo and then Clubhouse. The conch from Kev's video are all over Clubhouse in the sand just west of the reef, I kid you not, literally hundreds. All the usual reef fish present and a couple turtles, big Southern Ray, several large Green Morays with a couple out for a long swim, and a large sleeping Nurse Shark.

And........the bonus, Alex has not started his new job yet and is driving the boat.

Looks like there are a few slots open tomorrow morning and Sunday afternoon. If a couple more sign up, we could dive Monday morning before I head back to the cold and snow in Philly on Tuesday.

Good diving, Craig

Fantastic day diving with Kevin on Explorer. We hit the Castor (115') and the Bud Bar (100') wrecks. I also swam over to the Swordfish wreck during the Bud Bar dive. Viz was about 80' with blue water and 73 degrees. Seas started off calm but were about 2-3 as we headed home. Got a few bugs out of the rock piles too :)

Posted using Tapatalk

Eight great dives with Underwater Explorers over Easter weekend. Water was on the chilly side, 71-73 degrees but visibility was good, at least 50 feet, mild north current. Highlight was Scalloped Hammerheads at Table Tops in the morning and at Black Condo in the afternoon on Sunday. Glad I'll be back in month.

Six great dives with Underwater Explorers over the weekend. The seas were no where near as ferocious as predicted, acutally, quite nice. Water temps have increased to 76-78 degrees, hope to ditch the 5mm next visit. Visibility was not great but certainly acceptable.

Saturday morning Castor (swim from the Bud Bar) and outside at Pit Stop with deepstops, thanks Brian. Late Saturday afternoon Clubhouse and a fantastic twilight dive at Black Condo. I was lucky at Clubhouse and recovered a GoPro lost by a diver off Pelican that morning. On Sunday dived Shark Alley (I95), saw two small Reef sharks on the drop. Another diver saw a lone Bull. Finished the weekend with a nice long dive at Black Condo.

Next visit over Memorial Day. Besides the 4 trips on the weekend, there's a 3 tanker sheduled for both Monday and Tuesday, see you there.

Good diving, Craig

Only a few slots left on Saturday and Sunday afternoons over Memorial Day weekend with Underwater Explorers. If the boats are full, maybe Alex can drive and Kevin can dive. See you there

Hate to rain on the parade, but the Memorial Day weather curse seems to be coming back. Flat calm through Friday night, then the forecast is to blow like hell Saturday, with seas building to 4-6 feet by afternoon and 5-8 feet by Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom