The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seven trips with UE between June 30 and July 7. Thanks to Kevin, Wil, and Alex for a great time for me, my wife, my son, and my daughter. The water has warmed up and the usual customers are out. Turtles, Eagle Rays, Southern Rays, Green Morays, Spotted Morays, Goldentail Morays, Lobsters, Nurse Sharks and all the usual reef fish (filefish, cowfish, parrotfish, butterfly fish, porcupinefich, burrfish, angels, hamlets, drums, goliath grouper, scorpionfish,...) Can't wait to get back at the end of the month.

Good diving,

Craig

Kevin here. Three tanker tomorrow departing at 11:30. We need one more to go. Should be nice and flat.

Kinda saucey out there today, 3-5 from multiple directions. Water was warm, I didn't check to see exactly what it was, but I was comfortable. Medium to strong north current. Viz was 40-50' but blue water was just outside the reef.

Great dive on the Skycliffe yesterday! Thanks for taking us there.

Hello all... I have just found out I have a friend to stay with in Boynton Beach. Heading down July 27th and will probably stay throught the 31st...
What dive boats do you recommend? How is the diving compared to WPB (I am not very familiar with the area even though I have dove out of Jupiter before).
Would prefer op to have DM/guide as I will be alone.
Anyone up for diving then? Would love to meet some fellow SB people..Really don't want to go alone :(
I always have my husband and kids to dive with but they are all working so.... sux for them... and I need some dives before I go back to work at the schools...
HELP.. you can PM me is interested....
Thanks
Lynn

Can't go wrong with Kev and Underwater Explorers! Great boat and great company. Plus they go in the water with you every dive. I've gone out with them buddy less and always had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys... I just called and spoke with Kevin. Guess my decision is made!!
I'll post how it goes...and if anyone that lives around there wants to dive just let me know and you can be my buddy...
Lynn

Hello all... I have just found out I have a friend to stay with in Boynton Beach. Heading down July 27th and will probably stay throught the 31st...
What dive boats do you recommend? How is the diving compared to WPB (I am not very familiar with the area even though I have dove out of Jupiter before).
Would prefer op to have DM/guide as I will be alone.
Anyone up for diving then? Would love to meet some fellow SB people..Really don't want to go alone :(
I always have my husband and kids to dive with but they are all working so.... sux for them... and I need some dives before I go back to work at the schools...
HELP.. you can PM me is interested....
Thanks
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

My wife and I are on the AM boat with UE on the 28th and 29th. You'll love the dives and the service.

Good diving, Craig

Hi Lynn,

My wife and I are on the AM boat with UE on the 28th and 29th. You'll love the dives and the service.

Good diving, Craig

Well looks like I will be diving with your guys... looking forward to it.
Still have to find out if the trip I put down a deposit on is going or not. Now I kinda want to go alone.
Will keep you posted... should know for sure today!!!

Did a couple of great dives with UW Explorer yesterday morning.

We had a moderate north current on the Castor with 2-4' seas and very nice blue water. The jewfish aggregation has clearly begun. Also had a turtle dance with me around the stern.

Next up we dove Black Condo with moderate north current. Saw a lobster who will surely be gone by Tuesday at midnight. Also saw three turtles here, one that charged at me and I didn't see it until it was 10' in front of me and another that got startled and engaged the warp drive and crashed into a big sponge clipping about 4" off the top.... And all this time I always thought that was caused by careless divers :)

Needless to add, the water was a warm 84 degrees and salty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom