The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, the Gasathon is a competition I can really get behind. The Superbowl, the World Series, the NBA playoffs hold no interest for me. I'm only sorry that I have no opportunity to attend. I can only hope it will be televised. How to place one's bet?, that is the question. One would be tempted to side with a fit, experienced woman based on expected SAC. On the other hand, I dived with Kevin on 9 drift dives in June. I'm reasonably good on air consumption and we got in 63-77 minutes at average depths of 42-52 feet. Not too bad, but Kevin only ascended with me because I was the last one left. Surreptitious looks at his SPG revealed unbelieveable residual gas volumes. I was left thinking he may depend only on anaerobic metabolism. Or, maybe it's because he spends so little effort doing what the rest of us try really hard at.

Regardless, I look forward to the results of the Gasathon, and I'd like to meet Wilhelmina on my next visit.

Good diving, Craig

Underwater Explorers, yay!

I imagine votes can be taken by phone and posted on the whiteboard of terror (EG, the one behind the cash register at the dive shop). Kev will only charge you a small fee to post your vote on the side NOT in favor of his win....really. :D

And, several of the passengers for the day will happily take pictures for no fee. However, if you'd like to see real photos of actual outcomes, I imagine same posters (not me, of course, I do not have an underwater camera) will happily post such detail for similar small said fee......
:D

Nah, the votes have already been cast (unless that evil Wilhelmina has erased votes and moved them to her side of the board). Let the games begin!!!!

Take away her dry erase markers and tilt the board in Kev's direction, with a Sharpie!

Hmmm...

gasathon_back.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom