The best of 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minke whale in OZ ..... and 30 feet viz on the Granite Wreck in NJ

I'd have to say it would be The Crane, a wreck off Gloucester in about 150' Not too spectacular, but it was my first deco dive after TDI's Adv Nitrox and Deco Procs classes and was a first for me.

I just got back from the Keys and dove the Grove off a friend's boat. That wreck deserves many repeat visits - and is right up there on my top dives for the year.

I'll be doing some deco dives on the Oriskany this coming spring, and I'm happy to see some folks blown away by that one.

John

So many fun things (this is my first real year of diving, certified in Thailand in 2005, but the bulk of my diving has been since March in the cold waters of the PNW):

1) The six gill shark back in August (before the dive, Bob said to me in the parking lot "let's go to the I-beams and find us a six gill")
2) The giant pacific octo out in the open with Lynne, Bob and Scott
3) A pair of big pacific skates on Bob's infamous AOW mid-water nav dive (our first try)
4) A dive on a pinnacle up in Sechelt with ridiculous vis, drop-offs deep into the abyss and brittle stars covering the rocks-and with a great dive buddy to boot
5) Seeing the grace of all my new dive buddies and wanting to learn how to dive like them

Here's to 2007, one thing I'm already looking forward to is a trip to Nanaimo with my friends in January.

well this isn't really a 'diving' thing but it happened on a dive trip. we were snorkeling in Mexico a little whiles off of Isla Mujeres. we were looking for whale sharks and finally found them. i was absolutely amazed with my first swim with one of them..HUGE.

THENN....As i was swimming my heart out to keep up with one i felt something come up on my left and it was another whale shark! so i was sandwiched between two and it was the most amazing experience of my life. so many people asked me if i was scared and surprisingly i wasnt, i was just in absolute awe and tried to keep swimming with them which ended up being a good amount of time. So it wasnt exactly diving but it was still amazing

my best diving experience was the whole entire week of my first real dive trip as a certified diver

Lets see, I have two, both came on a road trip through Florida in August.

1. Ginnie Springs - First time to experiance firsthand a cave diving site. Saw both Ginnie Spring and the entrance to the Devil's System. Absolutely amazing. Still cant get the pictures of the carved rock out of my head. Cant wait to get cave certified so I can actually go beyond where I have been.

2. Spiegal Grove - What a wreck. Only got a quick dive on it, but was amazing. Cant wait to be back in the Keys again and hope to see more of it.

WOW!....

newdiver3:
well this isn't really a 'diving' thing but it happened on a dive trip. we were snorkeling in Mexico a little whiles off of Isla Mujeres. we were looking for whale sharks and finally found them. i was absolutely amazed with my first swim with one of them..HUGE.

THENN....As i was swimming my heart out to keep up with one i felt something come up on my left and it was another whale shark! so i was sandwiched between two and it was the most amazing experience of my life. so many people asked me if i was scared and surprisingly i wasnt, i was just in absolute awe and tried to keep swimming with them which ended up being a good amount of time. So it wasnt exactly diving but it was still amazing

my best diving experience was the whole entire week of my first real dive trip as a certified diver

At first I might say the school of a dozen spotted eagle rays swimming around the Mahi wreck off Oahu until a whale shark came along. It turned out to be quite some dive.

In October, while in Coz I dove my 100th dive, did my first solo dive, greatly improved my SAC rate and found a splendid toad fish.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

This is kinda fun. Thanks to all who pointed out that it is 2006 not 2007.....
For those who've had a mundane year, there's still time!

Back
Top Bottom