The best of 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the stern of the Forest City is a real winner, especially in great viz.

See my avatar. This was off the coast of Molokini diving with B&B.

First two dives in Maui: $119
Second two dives in Maui: $99
Close encounter with an octopus: Priceless

I saw this once on TV. Eventually a small toothy ugly alien will pop out of your chest. I would dive as much as I could before that happens...

Jon

Seeing my brother at 90 feet. He just go this O/W and having a full time dive buddy is priceless... now if only I could get him diving every day like I want to.

I was so lucky this year. I got to go to BVI, Grand Cayman, Key Largo, Bonaire and Aruba, but the BEST was: The huge sand-tiger sharks off Cape Hatteras, NC (See avatar)! This particular one was around "the Proteus".

Jon C:
This is not a single event but, at the end of local dives as I (or my buddy and I...yes, I do dive with a buddy...often) are getting into the sandy shallows, there is this great moment of peace. We just had a great dive and now the sun is streaking through the water creating those dancing images, we can see our shadows, there are small fish glimmering near the surface, the ripples in the sand look like a living desert. Laying on my back, I can watch the bubbles pop to the surface while the sunlight and fish scatter and return...

At that moment I thank God for allowing me the chance to be a part of His magnificent blue creation. The other stuff is a wonderful bonus...

Jon

My sentiment exactly. Every moment is the water is great for me, to let go all the burden and weight (!), living in the packed city, I enjoy the horison during dive trip the most, it's the time when I think nothing about problems in life. As long as I get to continue diving, I'd be grateful.

My bonus this year, Ghost Manta swam up close and personal. I don't have many chance to encounter them, so I was like crazy screaming and excited.
I love looking at blenny with funny expression on their face, like the one in my avatar, have you guys actually observed that they have this hilarious nervous look?
Waiting for frogfish to yawn, either me and them first.
When I saw nudibranch rain, everywhere, actually every inch, it's magnificent.
When I got my camera, something I've been avoiding but I couldn't have better fun!

Best dive of 2006 is watching my BF get his first taste of tropical diving in Key Largo!

lazyturtle:
As 2007 winds down, I was thinking about the year. So many good times, personally I've had a great year.
But as this is a dive board I was wondering:
What's the single best thing you saw while diving this year?

My C-Card :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom