The 130 / 120 Debate...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaCat:
He also said that when it comes to filling them, that even though the 120 and 130 now have the same fill pressure, the 130s...bkz of their internal dimensions, fill cooler and thus achieve better fills right off the bat (i.e. not playing the cooling and top off game).
I'm not entirely certain if this is true or not, as I cannot see the relationship between adiabatic heating and the dimensions of the container, aside from the surface area perhaps being greater on one cylinder than the other (thus facilitating a faster cooling rate). Further explanation on this would be interesting. Also, with a larger volume of gas, the 130s should take longer to cool down.

I have two high-pressure (3500) psi pressed-steel tanks (I don't know the number offhand) for several years used on NE wrecks and I like them alot I am 5' 11" tall and they are a tad long but if you need 10 extra cubic feet from a single tank you probably need doubles as I get to advanced nitrox I need less bottom gas and bring more sling(s) so the 120 can have a quite adequate capacity I am thinking of putting on an H valve to the tanks for two regulators but the valves are a tad costly I wish I had Sherwood valves that are convertible I use alum 80s for shallower beach stuff Iguess that's all I got to say. Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom