That DiveCaddy carry on bag? any reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you can buy it directly from them by clicking the purchase button on some of the pages.

I also think any dive shop can get it -- I know my LDS was trying to sell me one last month.
It looks like a really cool bag for divers who are going on a plane.

I think you can buy it directly from them by clicking the purchase button on some of the pages.

I also think any dive shop can get it -- I know my LDS was trying to sell me one last month.
It looks like a really cool bag for divers who are going on a plane.

ah thanks... I thought you were wrong... but I finally found it.

they have a small red button for purchase that wasn't easily seen at first notice.

you'd figure though they'd have a list of dealers, or a dealer search though.

Congrat to the owner inventor .

I am in the market for a bag , and the least i can say if i study a lot of product.

it looks very interesting ,

the only disadvantage i see over the Akona AK144 is there is no roller ...

There will be a dive caddy beneath my christmas tree, this year.
What I like about it is that I can carry all my gear as a carry-on, not worrying about who is rifling through my gear if I had checked it in. This will definitely expedite my travels through the various airports, not having to wait at baggage claim turnstiles....

A quick review--

I just got back from a trip to the Keys using the Dive Caddy as a carryon.

In the main compartment--
--3 mm wetsuit
--beanie
--boots
--Tusa X-pert BCD
--snorkel (just in case)
--Mares Avanti Quattros

In the Turtle Pack
--DAN 72" SMB
--Spool
--Computer, Compass
--Logbook
--Regulator
--Mask

In the Spider Bag
--2 days worth of mild weather clothing
--Sandals

No problems with carryon on any of our flights. The first stage on my SR1 reg has a bit of 3-dimensional bulk, and my thought process was, if I get asked to check the bag, I can pop the turtle pack and take it as my carryon. Thankfully, not an issue.

IMHO, it worked great as luggage. The resultant package was very manageable as a backpack, and I felt confident having my gear with me (given that I've had critical luggage delayed or lost twice). It is a little bit of work to get everything situated, perhaps more than you want to do on a small boat, but if you don't mind wearing your wetsuit/carrying your BCD, the Fin Caddy keeps everything else together. I would readily purchase the same item again, given the choice.

I purchased from Brad at Aquatic Travel Adventures (bbdm120 posting above) and got a good price and rapid delivery.

My wife just won one in a contest.(including fin caddy)

Has any one had issues with the fin caddy? I have a pair of tusa imprex fins and the fin caddy doesn't hold them very well. The top of the fin pushes against the top strap of the fin caddy and the elastic band is to big for the fin. Basically the fin flops around, if the strap at the top was a little longer it would work or if the band that holds the fin (at the top) was smaller it would help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom