THANKS to Jupiter Dive Center for Birthday Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I went out on Friday for my birthday dive with JDC. Thanks for such a nice gift from JDC!!

Vis was 80' on the Wreck Trek where my wife had a close-up staring contest with a huge loggerhead. The turtle with a goliath grouper buddy, was actually walking along the sand bottom on all fours, like a big dog, strolled right up to her with the grouper keeping company. Next, she had never really seen a lot of sharks, and she finally got a good close view of 8 lemons circling through and 4 more in the distance, along with a big nurse shark just laying in the sand out in the open, very unusual.. About 8 nice goliath grouper and, on the Bonaire, a very large green moray.

Next was tunnels, with 1 hawksbill and 2 more loggerheads, a school of nice amberjack, more goliaths, one of those almost-manta-sized Palm Beach stingrays, and 4 reef sharks plus lots of schooling fish. Vis was 60'

Light current and blue water both times. Temp 75. Very warm in my 5 mil. Really, some of the best conditions since last August. What a great day!

No proof this time! Sometimes I choose to leave the camera behind and this was one of those days. No regrets, though, as I appreciated the experience even more sharing it with my wife and not being distracted.

Actually, the SMB and reel will arrive this week so I didn't get a chance to check them out.

The Jupiter Dive Center free birthday dive is a wonderful idea. I've never been lucky enough to be in SE Florida on my birthday, but look forward to the day I am.

Love the free birthday dive....and love JDC!

Were you on the morning or afternoon trip? I was diving the Bonaire off a private boat Saturday and JDC dropped in just as we were headed up from our second dive. Gorgeous conditions, even though we were skunked on tigers and the one hammerhead cruised right on past at the edge of visual range.

Awesome! My birthday is next month - I just signed up!

Halcyon I was on the friday morn trip. Just regret it was not a 3 tanker. sounds like sat was just as good.

Huh? Free birthday dive? I haven't heard about that! I was there in late January for my birthday and dove with them. I have been thinking about making it an annual trip. If they are giving a free birthday dive well all the more reason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom