Thank you ScubaBoard friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was at the Venice Beach bash, a SB event that used to be held every year in Venice, FL. I took the day off to drive over (3 hrs) and was on my way back today, when I had car trouble. I posted it on FB and the SB friends jumped in to help out. I am utterly speechless with the outpouring of support by this community to make sure I was safe, and to make sure I got home OK. Unfortunately, the car is not looking too good right now, but that is a different story.
I am forever grateful to the awesome members of SB who spent an extra couple hours with me to make sure I was not alone, some turned back 30 miles from their homeward bound destination to help, and others called to lend a CC number if I needed it. Still others were posting frequently updates, and trouble shooting for me.

All I can say is THANK YOU. Ya'll are awesome.

Let me chime on this,,,,,,You reap what you sow!!! I met you briefly this past winter and in that short time I was quite impressed with Jenny the dive guide that showed up to help me and my anxious daughter. You took the time to meet with us and put her at ease. You also have good taste in beers!!! A definite plus!! That people would reach out to help you is no surprise to me. Sorry about the car, Tony

What a fantastic turn of events. I called the mechanic this morning, introducing myself as the owner of the vehicle at his garage and told him how it was over heating, and coolant ran right through like the water pump was bad. He said he would get to it.. I finally called him back in the late afternoon. He told me that he put water in the car and had been running it for an hour and a half. Everything thing is fine.. Yes I need to get a new serpentine belt, but otherwise he couldn't find anything wrong with it.
What?
He couldn't find all the problems I was having yesterday. Is putting it through a pressure test overnight to see if anything is wrong, and was expecting the worst from what I described to him. There can only be one possible reason. I look up to find it. wow.

Back
Top Bottom