Texas dive patch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DailyLunatic

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Forgive me if this in not the proper forum for this (let me know where to move this to if this is not right).

I have seen stickers and other items with the dive flag in the shape of Texas. I am looking for a patch like that. Prefer it to NOT be a LDS or club type patch.

Any ideas where to go for something like that?
Other states?
Countries?

Thanking you in advance,
Sterling
92.5% Pure

I've seen the Tx dive patch in a few dive shops. Looks just like the sticker. But I don't remember which ones or know where you could order them.

Not much help other than to confirm they ARE out there!

Dee once bubbled...
I've seen the Tx dive patch in a few dive shops. Looks just like the sticker. But I don't remember which ones or know where you could order them.

Not much help other than to confirm they ARE out there!

Thanks anyway. I can't believe they would not be out there somewhere.

I have tried my LDS and he does not have them. He looked in several of his catalogs and didn't find anything.

I have tried several internet searches and online catalogs as well and could not find anything.

I was hoping to find something so that I could add it to my after-dive jacket. Got patches for other places I've been, just not 'home'.

Sterling
92.5% Pure

well maybe i can help

I know that i have seen the sticker but the patch has been a very rare occasion(the last one i saw was when i was visiting family in the maryland area, and the person said that they got it years ago and didnt remember were he got it)

i design patches for the boy scouts and other people (all different designs)all the time, and could do one for you if you cant find one. if you need to send me a PM and i can send you the details on design and production

DailyLunatic once bubbled...
Forgive me if this in not the proper forum for this (let me know where to move this to if this is not right).

I have seen stickers and other items with the dive flag in the shape of Texas. I am looking for a patch like that. Prefer it to NOT be a LDS or club type patch.

Any ideas where to go for something like that?
Other states?
Countries?

Thanking you in advance,
Sterling
92.5% Pure

Trident has (in their massive catalog) a whole bunch of different patches for states, specializations, etc.. While some areas like New England have a patch for multiple states, last I checked, Texas gets a patch all to themselves, although it may not be exactly what you want...

It shouldn't be too hard to find an LDS near you that carries Trident. If you need one in the Austin area, Oak Hill Scuba on 71 carries Trident and I'm confident they'd be more than happy to include a patch in their next Trident order for you... :)

EDIT:
Here's some web linkage of the patches stuff from their website, although I don't see the one I'm thinking of there....
http://www.tridentdive.com/page63.htm
(Their website is horrible, so horrible that you could make an arguement that it would be better to not have one at all than have the one they have...)

PurduEE once bubbled...

Trident has (in their massive catalog) a whole bunch of different patches for states, specializations, etc.. While some areas like New England have a patch for multiple states, last I checked, Texas gets a patch all to themselves, although it may not be exactly what you want...

Thanks for the lead. My LDS had checked in the Cat. for a patch but did not find one. After your post, and just to be sure, I wrote to Trident and asked. Here is the reply in its entirety:
we only have a sticker....

Thanks
Sterling
92.5% Pure

i just spotted the patch that you're looking for.
in a lds called SEA SPORTS SCUBA . location is 7543 westheimer.
phone #713-977-0028. they have five locations in and around the houston area. hope this helps. geo. :patriot:

clockradio once bubbled...
i just spotted the patch that you're looking for.
in a lds called SEA SPORTS SCUBA . location is 7543 westheimer.
phone #713-977-0028. they have five locations in and around the houston area. hope this helps. geo. :patriot:

Got them in the mail today. Patch is only partially embrodered, but a great size for my jacket. Plus, they only charged $1.00 for shipping.

Thanks for the lead.

Sterling
92.5% Pure

Glad you got 'em, I just saw a few at our shop today while I was cleaning up and thought about looking for this post to tell ya. Kinda wierd that it happened on the same day, :D .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom