Testing Rules are Changing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almost everyone that I know who has contracted the virus in the last few months has had their shots.
Other than your personal feelings and view, that means nothing. Actual studies show that the opposite is usually the case.
So how do you all feel about a pony bottle for rec?
Always.
Then came vaccines in various forms!! Great news! Light at the end of the tunnel...... WRONG.
Lo and behold: Sidious side effects as well as political disagreements of where to manufacture and distribution etc etc.
Side effects have been mostly minor. I've had three shots now and no ill feelings at all. I'm still amazed that anti-vaxers would like to see people die.
Probably not. Because when there was a smallpox outbreak seeing someone's smallpox scar was enough.
Mine is faded, but still got it.

At no point in history as a local bar asked for proof of vaccination.
Pretty short history for vaccine ie. 225yrs.

Any single virus since 1795 has killed nearly 5m in the world under 2 yrs? And the number is still rising daily!

...So, everyone got their Flu jabs? :wavesmiley:
My wife and I got our senior flu vaccine the same day we got our full dose Moderna Covid vaccine booster, October 5, fifteen days before coming down to Bonaire for our two week stay.

Get your flu shot, get your Covid vaccine, get your Covid vaccine booster...

My wife and I got our senior flu vaccine the same day we got our full dose Moderna Covid vaccine booster, October 5, fifteen days before coming down to Bonaire for our two week stay.

Get your flu shot, get your Covid vaccine, get your Covid vaccine booster...
And shingles

And the CDC says ... dated October 25, 2021

"Fully vaccinated air passengers, regardless of citizenship, will continue to be required to show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 test taken no more than three days before they board their flight to the United States. For passengers who are not fully vaccinated, the rules will tighten to require a test taken no more than one day before departing to the United States."

I assume we'll be told by our airlines how to handle proof of vaccination since that detail is not mentioned in this statement. Also, this statement specifically says it is regarding 'air travel' and does not mention land borders.
The State Dept has the details.

"That proof of vaccination should be a paper or digital record issued by an official source and should include the traveler’s name and date of birth, as well as the vaccine product and date(s) of administration for all doses the traveler received."
  • In addition to verifying proof of a pre-departure negative test result – which they have done since January 2021 – airlines will now also verify vaccination status.
  • Passengers will need to show their vaccination status, either via a paper record, a photo of their paper record, or a digital app.
  • The airlines will need to:
o Match the name and date of birth to confirm the passenger is the same person reflected on the proof of vaccination;

o Determine that the record was issued by an official source (e.g., public health agency, government agency) in the country where the vaccine was given;

o Review the essential information for determining if the passenger meets CDC's definition for fully vaccinated such as vaccine product, number of vaccine doses received, date(s) of administration, site (e.g., vaccination clinic, healthcare facility) of vaccination.

The State Dept has the details.

"That proof of vaccination should be a paper or digital record issued by an official source and should include the traveler’s name and date of birth, as well as the vaccine product and date(s) of administration for all doses the traveler received."
  • In addition to verifying proof of a pre-departure negative test result – which they have done since January 2021 – airlines will now also verify vaccination status.
  • Passengers will need to show their vaccination status, either via a paper record, a photo of their paper record, or a digital app.
  • The airlines will need to:
o Match the name and date of birth to confirm the passenger is the same person reflected on the proof of vaccination;

o Determine that the record was issued by an official source (e.g., public health agency, government agency) in the country where the vaccine was given;

o Review the essential information for determining if the passenger meets CDC's definition for fully vaccinated such as vaccine product, number of vaccine doses received, date(s) of administration, site (e.g., vaccination clinic, healthcare facility) of vaccination.
Thanks @ReefHound! I eagerly await the day they will put all this information in one place. :cool:

…and Pneumonia
Got mine, this year's flu jab, 3 Covids, Shingrix, Hep A & B, even got a measles jab since I never had it or the shots and do travel internationally. I am overdue for Tetnus. My doc said to come get one next time I cut myself, but I'd feel like such a pansy going in for a bandaid wound. I knew a farmer who almost died from it because the local docs had never seen a case, but they happen.

Almost everyone that I know who has contracted the virus in the last few months has had their shots. A few of them have had it twice, one of them is still recovering months later.

I think that if they are going to test that they should have the same testing requirements vaccinated or not.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but sure, many people now contracting the virus in localities where there is a lot of virus going around and where a lot of people have been vaccinated will now be people who have been vaccinated. I have heard an analogy made to wearing a raincoat in a hurricane: it's not that the raincoat isn't capable of protecting you from what it was designed to protect from. I am guessing your circle of friends and acquaintances are mostly vaccinated. Same with me. At this point, almost everyone I know has either been vaccinated a long time or finally caved in and gotten vaccinated for the sake of family members, and if someone I know contracts the virus it's probably going to be a vaccinated person who ventured into a storm. Here in the urban part of Atlanta the vaccine and masking are well accepted, and the transmission rate is down, but there are loads of places in Georgia where spread is still rampant.

I also agree it would be logical and provide extra insurance if testing requirements were the same. I wouldn't feel slighted in the least, just as I don't feel burdened to show my vaccination card, ID or whatever may help keep us safer.

Back
Top Bottom