New COVID travel requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looks like they are ratching up the pressure on the unvaccinated. Starting in November "unvaccinated Americans will have to test within one day of departure and be required to test again after their arrival." And the "CDC will also require airlines to collect information for each U.S.-bound traveler, including their phone number and email address, to aid public health officials in contact tracing." CDC will provide more specific details later.

US to ease COVID-19 travel entry rules, require vaccines for foreign visitors

It's the retest after arrival that will be the tough part. Not many places in the US where you can take 10 minutes of your time and get a test for $25.

The info in your previous post about showing proof of purchase of a test would seem to indicate so. I've never had to pay in advance for covid tests in the US at a facility so how could there be proof of purchase? Maybe proof of appointment?
I have, depends on where you go. I got tested at a walk-in (twice actually) dealing with a bad cold. They do a covid test for cold symptoms at many dr offices even if you're vaccinated. I paid my copay, and got a return check for the same ammount in the mail since they did a covid test I guess the government paid.

I assume it's a simmilar story at pharmacies where you can get a covid test by the pharmacist. Haven't checked on that, though. Even if you're not paying up front, I'm sure they can produce some kind of "receipt."

I have, depends on where you go. I got tested at a walk-in (twice actually) dealing with a bad cold. They do a covid test for cold symptoms at many dr offices even if you're vaccinated. I paid my copay, and got a return check for the same ammount in the mail since they did a covid test I guess the government paid."

But in that case you paid for it at the time of the test not days in advance. Think it through carefully. It was said that in order to travel you'll have to show proof that you paid for a test that you will take later, after arrival.

Looks like they are ratching up the pressure on the unvaccinated. Starting in November "unvaccinated Americans will have to test within one day of departure and be required to test again after their arrival." And the "CDC will also require airlines to collect information for each U.S.-bound traveler, including their phone number and email address, to aid public health officials in contact tracing." CDC will provide more specific details later.

US to ease COVID-19 travel entry rules, require vaccines for foreign visitors
Air travel only. Not applicable to land border.

Is it going required for visitors to Mexico or for visitors from other countries to the US?

Is it going required for visitors to Mexico or for visitors from other countries to the US?
It is a reentry-to-the-US requirement.
I have no idea why it was posted in the Cozumel forum, as opposed to hundreds of other forums for countries from which one might want to reenter the US.

It’s been a re entry requirement to the US since January! There is no Covid testing requirement to get into Mexico. Just someone trying to start another even more irrelevant debate on Covid. This thread should be removed from this forum and put in a US travel thread.

Back
Top Bottom