Testing Rules are Changing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And shingles
I got my flu shot and first shingles shot a couple of weeks ago. Covid booster will be soon, and I'll ask for the second shingles shot then. I've gotten jabbed more times in the past year than I have in decades, but I think that's a good thing. I can only hope there are more vaccines available for more diseases in the future. They seem to be getting closer to an effective malaria vaccine. Now wouldn't that be cool for dive travel.

Vaccine is NOT a magic bullet and virus is also very smart(survival of the fittest).
However, I won't say no to vaccine if it is beneficial to me personally.
As for the side effect? Even too much carbohydrate, salt, sugar etc are detrimental to health.
I am fully vaccinated with BioNTec but the booster is NOT yet available for whatever reason our stupid Gov came up with.
The crunch is where can I travel to and without the mandatory quarantine(7-21 days depends where I have been in a designated hotel) when returning home.

For most of my adult life, as a requirement for my job, I had to maintain a status of being "World Wide Deployable". That meant I had to have (and maintain) vaccinations that would allow me to go anywhere in the world on a moment's notice.

Are vaccinations perfect? Nope, certainly not. They are, however a very good first step along the path that we will need to take to someday eradicate a disease or to at least minimize its effect.

For those who are reluctant to take this new vaccine, remember, in the 1950s, the Polio Vaccine was a brand new vaccine as well and it changed the world.

For those who are reluctant to take this new vaccine, remember, in the 1950s, the Polio Vaccine was a brand new vaccine as well and it changed the world.
We were pretty naive in the 1950s. The Tuskeegee syphilis experiment was virtually unknown. We had almost blind trust in many facets of our government. That started changing in the '60s. (I speak from a US perspective, but changes in Canadian and other societies' attitudes toward government shifted over the decades, too). I'm hoping we--I'll just leave it as Americans--find a balance in our attitude toward our government somewhere between blind trust and utter paranoia.

We are "living in 21st century" and with the advance in communication, it is really inconceivably that blind trust and utter paranoia can still play a significant part in modern society.

Pretty short history for vaccine ie. 225yrs.

Any single virus since 1795 has killed nearly 5m in the world under 2 yrs? And the number is still rising daily!

I honestly believe no one could had ever foreseen the severity or trickiness of Covid-19.
Look at UK and Singapore, two of the highest vaccinated countries in the world and they are still reeling on the latest outbreak.

We were pretty naive in the 1950s. The Tuskeegee syphilis experiment was virtually unknown. We had almost blind trust in many facets of our government. That started changing in the '60s. (I speak from a US perspective, but changes in Canadian and other societies' attitudes toward government shifted over the decades, too). I'm hoping we--I'll just leave it as Americans--find a balance in our attitude toward our government somewhere between blind trust and utter paranoia.
Despite your attempt to distract with unrelated information, the Polio Vaccine was new when it was first introduced (that should be obvious and maybe even redundant), and it ultimately saved millions of lives. New does not necessarily mean bad.

I honestly believe no one could had ever foreseen the severity or trickiness of Covid-19.
Look at UK and Singapore, two of the highest vaccinated countries in the world and they are still reeling on the latest outbreak.

And the world will continue to "reel" as long as they are focused on "cases" rather than deaths. Not a single word in that article about hospitalizations or deaths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom