Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked one up to back up perdix 2, wonder if a new Teric is on the way based on discount
I seriously doubt that, since all of their Shearwater products are on sale, especially given the "We are simply Closing Out of ALL Shearwater items on our site" comment . . .

The sale is for $895. Amazon sells it for $1150. Therefore the discount is $255, not $500.
The Teric was 500.00 off the list price, anywhere that I had seen; wouldn't have purchased that potential p.o.s. otherwise. A longterm, perhaps even torrid affair with Dive-Tronics of WA may also be in the works.

695.00, including the insured 25.00 shipping.

You were perhaps looking at an "Instructor-dived" item for 895.00 -- not the sale item . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 2.44.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 2.44.58 PM.png
    332.8 KB · Views: 24
Seems like a bit of an over reaction to stop carrying all shearwater products.
Complete over reaction and complete BS in my opinion. For all we know SW dropped them for some reason.

To the best of my knowledge, the only SW that appears to have had some chronic “issues” is the Teric. Even then, the battery issue is typically not a catastrophic problem - it would not cause one to lose dives on a dive trip as the drain is not that crazy - you just might have to charge it nightly like your iPhone. Certainly an issue but has been addressed pretty well by SW.

@scubadada has had other more significant issues - but these do not appear to be common.

I have no doubt that they will launch a Teric 2 update that addresses the battery issue and maybe adds some new features, but the Teric is still a great computer - packs a ton of customizable info on highly readable screen in a compact, rugged form factor and comes with fantastic customer support when/if needed.

Shearwater offered to replace my Teric with a Perdix 2 the last time around, but I stuck with the Teric for a number of reasons. If it weren't for the fantastic service and very nice people at Dive-Tronix, I would have bailed a while ago. Don't you think I will get a perfect Teric one of these days? Forty five percent of poll respondents have not required any repair or replacement. If I am unlucky, I could switch to a Perdix 2 next time around, I hope it does not come down to that.
Good luck - you deserve a problem-free one!

Complete over reaction and complete BS in my opinion. For all we know SW dropped them for some reason.
I can think of more than a handful of companies that were summarily dropped by local dive shops that had long distributed them, either due to pricing or sundry availability issues (which, I know, never occurred before the covidiocy) -- O'Neill, OTS, Body Glove, Sharkskin, Zeagle, Poseidon, Garmin and Shearwater (whose new transmitter is apparently several months-delayed), just to name a few.

I have dealt with Silent Explorers for several years and have had nothing but positive experiences; not so, with some other dive businesses, over which many on SB just fawn . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom