Teric is reading tank 1 AI, but still flashing COMM in dive mode???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WI Scuba Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
West Bend, WI (about 30 miles north of Milwaukee)
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know why my Teric is not actually giving me tank pressure, when it is reading my Aqualung transmitter? In
dive mode I get the flashing COMM.

I have quadruple checked that I put the serial number in correctly. The computer sees Tank 1, and it’s turned on in settings. but simply isn’t giving me any air data.

Transmitter has a brand new battery.

Thanks so much!

No comm is if tank not pressurized or receiver is too far away. If its not communicating and serial is correct and the transmitter is compatible something else is going on. Are they compatible with aqualung? I dont recall i have original pelagic ones.

Hi @WI Scuba Dave

Is this a new combination for you or have you been successfully using it before the current failure?

Assuming all your settings are correct, the computer and transmitter are not pairing. Place the Teric in contact with the transmitter, if it registers tank pressure, you probably have a bad antenna in your computer. Do you have another AI computer to test that the transmitter is working?

Edit re post #2. Yes, the Aqua Lung PPS transmitter is compatible with the Teric Are Pressure Transmitters compatible across brands?

You could always go into your LDS and test your Teric with another transmitter and/or test your transmitter with another computer to ferret out the problem.

It is also easy to put the battery in upside down.

Back
Top Bottom